Library and Archives Donation Policy
What We Collect
Manor College Library accepts donations of materials that directly relate to the College or Library collections. Of particular interest and value to the Archives include Manor College publications and the personal papers, photographs, and publications of faculty, staff, students or people/persons associated with the college.
What Will Happen to Donated Materials
- If the Donation Form and materials were accepted, the donation will be organized and, if appropriate, a bibliographic record and/or finding aid will be created to describe the content and the arrangement.
- If Library materials (e.g. books) are accepted, the donation will be processed and added to our online catalog. Archival materials (e.g papers, photos, artifacts) will be placed in non-damaging containers and stored in facilities that provide security.
- Reference services will be provided for the donation and will be available to researchers after it is organized, physically stabilized, and prepared for use. If the Donation Form was accepted and contained temporary restrictions on any portion or the entire donation, the restrictions will be strictly enforced. including confidential files.
- The Library staff may choose certain materials to be scanned and published online with appropriate and complete citations.
- The archives will require that appropriate and complete citations be included in all information relating to the donation, such as exhibitions, publications, and media productions.
- If part of, or the entirety of, the donation does not fit within our collection, we reserve the right to either find another institution where the materials fit, or dispose of the donation, unless otherwise stated in the Donation Form
Manor College Library is not liable for the use and/or infringement of copyright of materials made available. Donations to the collection are donated as unrestricted gifts, and the legal title, copyright, and literary property rights to the contents will be transferred over to Manor College, except for any limiting conditions specifically stated in the Donation Form. All materials published online will be published under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
If you have materials that you wish to donate, please email the Library email@example.com or the Office of Institutional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have materials that you wish to donate to the Ukrainian Heritage Study Center, please contact UHSC@manor.edu or call extension 293