SAFE Fund Criteria
Explanation of the SAFE (Student Aid and Food Emergency) Fund
The SAFE Fund was established for current students of Manor College with an emergency need by offering a grant of up to $500 to continue their education here uninterrupted*. The grants are administered on a case-by-case basis, and they can help with school-related expenses such as tuition payments, specific class/lab fees, books, supplies, and other direct expenses. The grant can also help with personal expenses as listed below. Grants are available one time per academic year, and an application is necessary to start the process.
*Allocated funds may exceed $500 based on student need and at the discretion of the Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students
- Applicants must have an immediate and unexpected financial hardship
- All other financial resources such as loans, payment plans, or credit cards have been exhausted or are not available in the timeline that the academic payment or purchase is needed
- Application questions must be completed in full and submitted to Allison Mootz, Dean of Students
- After application is reviewed, students will be required to have an interview with the Dean of Students
Resources and Materials the Student Emergency Fund may assist with:
- Tuition payment
- Books, lab fees, and materials necessary for class
- Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family (parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, or children)
- Emergency assistance related to living expenses
- Medical bills not covered by insurance
- Loss of income or housing
- Recovery from illness or accident
- Food insecurity is addressed through our student food pantry, Bird Feed. Learn more!
To apply for SAFE Funds, please complete this application for consideration.
For more information please contact the Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs, Allison Mootz at email@example.com or 215-885-2360 x2276.