Become a Resident Advisor
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by Monday, February 13, 2023, at 2 PM.
The application process includes the following:
- Resident Advisor Application with a letter of recommendation
- Interview with Hiring Committee
Click here to access the Resident Advisor Position Description and Contract
What is a Resident Advisor?
Resident Advisors (RAs) work to create a positive environment by fostering a sense of community within the residence hall. RAs report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life. RAs are valuable members of the RLO that contribute greatly to the department achieving its mission.
Qualifications and Requirements
- RAs must be full-time, matriculated, and confirmed Manor College students with at least sophomore standing by the time of employment.
- RAs must be in good standing with the Office of Residence Life, Bursar’s Office, Business Office, Financial Aid Office, and Health Services.
- RAs must enroll and maintain at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- RAs must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester.
- RAs must not be on disciplinary probation or have outstanding bills or conduct fines at the time of their application and throughout their appointment period.
- Demonstrated experience with programming, event planning, and participation in community service work or leadership roles throughout academic career.
- Demonstrated crisis management skills, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
- History of working or involvement with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently, independently, and in a team setting.
- Solid interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Each RA will receive $3,000 each semester (Fall and Spring) paid directly to the Business Office for housing and meals.
- Each RA will receive a single room to be assigned by the AD. The room will include
- A single bed (XL Twin)
- Desk and chair
- A lounge chair