All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by Monday, February 28, 2022, at 2 PM.
The application process includes the following:
- Resident Advisor Application with a letter of recommendation
- Information Session
- Interview with Hiring Committee
- Group Interview
Click here to access the Resident Advisor Position Description and Contract
What is a Resident Advisor?
Resident Advisors (RAs) work to create a positive environment by fostering a sense of community within the residence hall. RAs report directly to the Assistant Director of Residence Life. RAs are valuable members of the RLO that contribute greatly to the department achieving its mission.
Qualifications and Requirements
- RAs must be full-time, matriculated and confirmed Manor College students with at least sophomore standing by the time of employment.
- RAs must be in good standing with the Office of Residence Life, Bursar’s Office, Business Office, Financial Aid Office, and Health Services.
- RAs must enroll and maintain at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- RAs must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester.
- RAs must not be on disciplinary probation or have outstanding bills or conduct fines at the time of their application and throughout their appointment period.
- Demonstrated experience with programming, event planning, and participation in community service work or leadership roles throughout academic career.
- Demonstrated crisis management skills, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
- History of working or involvement with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently, independently and in a team setting.
- Solid interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Each RA will receive $3,000 each semester ( Fall and Spring) paid directly to the Business Office for housing and meals.
- Each RA will receive a single room to be assigned by the AD. The room will include
- A single bed (XL Twin)
- Desk and chair
- A lounge chair
All candidates are required to attend an information session offered by the Assistant Director of Residence Life. The session will provide a detailed overview of the position and responsibilities. The session will also provide candidates with an overview of the individual and group interview process. Information sessions will last between 30 to 45 minutes. A member of the residence life team will contact you directly with session times and dates. You will be permitted to schedule your 1 on 1 interview with the hiring committee at the information session.