To access your student portal provided by the Site, you are required to have a password. You are responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your account and password information, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities associated with your account. Manor College is not liable for any losses or damages caused by the unauthorized use of your account, and you must notify Manor College immediately of any such unauthorized use.
Transaction Disputes & Refund Policy
You agree to work to resolve all disputes regarding transactions with third-party vendors processed through the Site directly with the merchant with which the transaction in question occurred. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the vendor/merchant, please contact Manor College directly at 215-885-2360 for assistance.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content of the Site, including, but not limited to, all text and images are owned by or licensed to Manor College. The content of the Site is for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold or licensed without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Manor College, its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and their respective heirs, personal and legal representatives, guardians, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, threats, liabilities, taxes, suits, actions, proceedings, demands, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees and court costs) of every kind and nature arising out of, or resulting from, or in connection with your use of the Site.
The materials, content, products, services and information provided in the Site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, Manor College disclaims all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Manor College will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from use of the Site, or items purchased through the Site. Participating merchants and pricing of items on the site are subject to change without notice.
We take seriously the trust of our users on Manor.edu and recognize that one of the ways that we retain that trust is to respect our user’s privacy. Our business is information-centric, and we maintain physical, electronic and procedural controls to protect the personal and professional information of our users. We use personal information only for the purpose of providing excellent service and do not share that information with anyone, at any time, except as absolutely necessary to deliver our service.
Methods of Data Collection
Manor College utilizes third party software to collect and analyze visitor behavior on our website. Some of the collected information is personal data, however Manor will only collect your name or other identifying information if it has been voluntarily submitted to us (e.g. a user-submitted form).
- Cookies are a small text file generated by a website and stored by the user’s computer. Cookies are used by Manor College and our software provider to gather information on the behavior of a visitor. If you wish to disable your cookies, you will need to adjust your web browser preference in settings. Adjusting your cookies setting may hinder your full use of the site, including but not limited to user-submitted forms.
- Manor emails will occasionally contain “click-through urls” that are connected to our website. This data helps determine interest in certain items and measures our outreach.
How We Collect Personal Information
- We receive personal information from clients in order to establish accounts in our systems.
- We manage web sites on behalf of our clients that enable registered users to access and manage accounts and user preferences.
- We give users the capability to receive electronic communications from us on behalf of non-affiliated merchants participating in our online ordering program. Subsequently, we also provide users the capability to opt out of such communications.
- We accept payments via the ManorCard, credit, and debit cards at our secure web site. ManorCard, Credit and debit card information transmitted on-line is encrypted and received via secure page (HTTPS protocol). We do not use this information for any purpose other than to process the specific transaction(s) initiated by the user.
How We Use Personal Information
- We use personal information only as necessary to provide our service.
- All personal information, however obtained, is considered confidential and used solely for the purpose of providing our service
- We send electronic communications to clients with general program or individual, non-proprietary account information.
- We do not provide cardholder information to merchants that participate in our online ordering site.
Manor will never knowingly request personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
How We Secure Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard personal information. We have extensive security measures in place to protect users of our web site from misuse, loss, and/or alteration of the user information under our company control. Our databases and internal company systems are guarded by industry-leading firewall and information security technologies. We employ encryption technologies and user authentication procedures that are designed to keep your data secure. We limit access to personal information solely to those authorized personnel and contractors who require it to perform their job and are contractually required to keep your information secure and confidential.
Links to Other Sites
Opting-Out of Targeted Ads
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive and how we use your data.
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see directions regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out, below.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- Industry Opt-Out Tools and Self-Regulation:
- NextRoll is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- Finally, we also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their ”Your Online Choices” website here.
- Note to Safari Users. When you opt-out on a browser, we, other advertising platforms, and other third parties, generally place a cookie on your browser instructing us not to use your other online behaviors to customize the ads you see. However, if you are using a Safari browser, opt-out cookies that are set for purposes of restricting this type of advertising may be deleted prior to their intended expiration date; we have no control over these browser controls or cookie deletions.
- Do Not Track Disclosure: Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal at the present time.
- Reminder to Users Residing in a European Territory: If you are located in a European Territory you will also have additional data protection rights. These are described under the “Information for European Territory Residents: Our Legal Basis and Your Rights” section below.
We may change our policy from time to time to reflect a change in business practices. Any changes will be posted to our site.
Questions or Comments