Manor College has applied through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to participate in interstate distance education through the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). This organization represents a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education and authorization, once received, mandates that Manor conform with organization policies.  For more information on the activities covered, the requirements of participation, and the reciprocity agreement in general, please visit their website at

Complaint Process for Distance Education Students

The U.S. Department of Education requires institutions offering distance education programs to provide all enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with regional accrediting agencies and with the appropriate state agency designated to receive and process complaints in the student’s home state. Many external agencies require that all institutional procedures be followed before a concern will be considered. Before contacting one of these agencies, Manor College encourages students to inform the institution of their complaint first. We are eager to listen to our students and assist them in resolving any issues they may have with the College.

  1. To file an academic complaint with the College: Please follow the procedure outlined in the College Catalog: Academic Grievances (
  2. Students residing in SARA member states and territories ( who are not satisfied with the outcome of the institutional process can appeal the decision to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the PA SARA portal entry at ( Please note that complaints about grades and student conduct are governed entirely by Manor College’s institutional policies.


Programs Leading to Professional Licensure

Educational and professional requirements for attaining specific licensures and/or certifications may be governed by state, territory, and national boards/agencies and may therefore vary by location. Students who are interested in pursuing a program with such requirements should understand the prerequisites for obtaining licensure/certification within their own location of desired practice. Out-of-state students who register for online instruction within a program maintaining professional licensure/certification requirements will be advised through direct e-mail contact of the need for such, and that coursework provided by the College may not be applicable to requirements in the geographical area of intended practice.