Entry freshman college students (from high school or who hold a GED):
- Copies of high school transcript or GED scores
- Required SAT or ACT (within past 3 years) or College Placement Test (Accuplacer):
SAT: > 900 combined score OR ACT: > 19 combined score OR
- >246 or above in math
- 240-245 or above in reading
- 4 or above on the essay
Transfer student from another college:
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in college level Math and Science
- Placement into college level English or transfer of college level English
Transferring into the VT Program from other majors at Manor:
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in college level Math, Science and English
- Note: we recommend MH110 College Algebra, BI100 Survey of Biology and EN101 Fundamentals of Composition I
Additional Noteworthy Points:
1. Admission to the program is contingent on the applicant’s ability to satisfy the required technical ability standards.
2. For students who wish to enroll full-time in the VT program starting in a spring semester: the student should be able to complete all required freshman course work within the spring and subsequent summer semester, otherwise they should be counseled to start as part time students.
3. A prior criminal record may preclude a graduate of the program from licensure by the Pennsylvania State Board of Veterinary Medicine and a student should consult with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine prior to matriculation if they have questions/concerns.
4. Successful completion of the following is recommended but not required:
- 1 year H.S. or college Biology with lab
- 1 year H.S. or college Chemistry with lab
- 2 years H.S. or college Math including one year of regular Algebra
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- Minimum High School or College Science and Math GPA of 3.0