- High school diploma or GED is required of all applicants (AVMA requirement).
Entry freshman college students (from high school or who hold a GED):
- Copies of high school transcript or GED scores
- Required SAT or ACT (within past 3 years)
- SAT: > 900 combined score OR ACT: > 19 combined score
- For student who have not taken SAT or ACT
- Minimum High school GPA of 3.0
- Minimum ‘B’ or better in Biology and Chemistry
- Minimum ‘B’ or better in Algebra or Trigonometry
Transfer student from another college:
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in college level Math, English and Science
Transferring into the VT Program from other majors at Manor:
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in college level Math, Science and English
- Note: we recommend MH110 College Algebra, CH101 Foundations of Chemistry and EN101 Fundamentals of Composition I
Additional Noteworthy Points:
- Admission to the program is contingent on the applicant’s ability to satisfy the required technical ability standards.
- For students who wish to enroll full-time in the VT program starting in a spring semester: the student should be able to complete all required freshman course work within the spring and subsequent summer semester, otherwise they should start as part time student.
- A prior criminal record may preclude a graduate of the program from licensure by the Pennsylvania State Board of Veterinary Medicine and a student should consult with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine prior to matriculation if they have questions/concerns.
- Successful completion of the following is recommended but not required if SAT scores are submitted:
- 1 year H.S. or college Biology with lab
- 1 year H.S. or college Chemistry with lab
- 2 years H.S. or college Math including one year of regular Algebra