November 8th is a national day recognizing First Generation college students.
Across the nation, November 8 is recognized as First Generation Celebration Day. The day is meant to highlight the achievements and hard work of First Generation college students across the country.
At Manor College, First-Gen students serve as the majority of our student body and many of our faculty are first-generation college graduates themselves.
The institution additionally helps First-Gen students with several scholarship opportunities. Most recently, we received $1.27 million in federal funding intended for Refugee, Immigrant and First-Generation students.
To highlight the day, we wanted to showcase several of our First Generation students and alumni. Read their stories below. Happy First Generation Day!
- Thomasine Woods ‘23 – Read More
- Sabrina Augustin ‘23 – Read More
- Danielle Vera ‘23 – Read More
- Madison Pratt – Read More
- Eddie Fortescue – Read More
- Sheresa Palmer ‘22 – Read More
- Chyna McKinney ‘23 – Read More
- Xavier Delgado ‘22 – Read More
- Helene Brooks ‘22 – Read More