The Spring 2021 Virtual New Student Orientation will take place on Thursday, January 7 at 6:30pm. Students who are registered for the event will receive the zoom link prior to the start of the event.
Click here to join the Family and Friend Virtual Session on August 27 at 5:00PM.
Starting college or transferring to a new college is certainly a stressful time, full of questions and uncertainty, but don’t worry, your New Student Orientation team is here to make the transition both easy and fun. Since we want you to come to your first day of classes confident, prepared, and relaxed, Manor offers a New Student Orientation for all new students prior to the start of the fall and spring semester each year.
New Student Orientation in an on-campus event which provides you with important information on: Student ID’s, Financial Aid, Student Portal and Email access, tips on how to succeed in the classroom, and ways to get involved on campus. Additionally, you will meet student leaders and college administrators who will help you navigate the world of college…plus, there are free food and giveaways…every college student’s favorite thing!
Certain majors (ex. Dental Hygiene/EFDA, Veterinary Technology) will require that you attend special mini-orientations designed specifically to provide information for that major. Information about these mini-orientations (if your major has one) will be sent to you from your Program Director.
Check out the photo album from our 2019 New Student Orientation!
In addition to in-person New Student Orientation, incoming students will also be asked to complete Manor College’s Online Orientation. Online Orientation is an online class designed to help acclimate incoming students to Manor College before their official arrival. The course covers important information and resources that will be valuable to a student’s success as a Manor student! Our Online Orientation course is through Manor College’s Learning Management System, Canvas. If you have any questions about Online Orientation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access Online Orientation:
- Know your Manor College email and password
- If you have not received this information yet, you will after you have made your deposit. Be on the lookout for a letter in the mail containing your Fall course schedule and login information.
- Sign into Canvas using your Manor College email account
- Once signed into Canvas, accept the invitation for the Online Orientation course
- If you do not see the invitation to the Online Orientation course, please email email@example.com
- Complete Online Orientation!
- Students who complete Online Orientation will receive a special gift in the Fall!
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
The purpose of the New Student Orientation program at Manor College is to prepare students to be academically successful by:
● Articulating the academic expectations of Manor College to incoming students.
● Communicating information about the availability of campus resources.
● Facilitating identification with and integration into the college by informing students about the history, traditions, campus culture, and student engagement opportunities.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Virtual New Student Orientation – January 7th
- First Day of Classes – January 11
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION AGENDA 2020
6:30PM – Welcome
6:45PM – Presentation by Academic Affairs
7:00PM – Presentation by Student Affairs
7:15PM – Q & A Session
7:30PM – Closing Remarks
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PLAN FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Due to COVID-19, Manor College is taking extra precautions during New Student Orientation to keep our students, faculty, and staff safe. Below are the requirements and restrictions we have put in plan for all on campus New Student Orientation programs:
- All guidelines as outlined by Manor College’s Return to Campus Plan will be followed.
- All attendees must wear a mask while on campus and for the duration of the event.
- No guests will be permitted at New Student Orientation. Family & Friends are permitted to drop students off for the event, but will not be permitted in any campus buildings.
- Only light refreshments will be served during New Student Orientation. All food will be pre-packaged snacks for easy grab & go convenience.
- We are asking that once New Student Orientation concludes, all students exit campus in a timely fashion. Students will be permitted to wait on campus in the auditorium after the event if they are waiting for a ride or SEPTA. Students are also permitted to stay on campus only if they have made an appointment with a campus office, such as Financial Aid or Bursars.
If students have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to attend New Student Orientation?
We highly encourage all new students to attend! Your education for the next several years is very important to you and to us. By attending New Student Orientation, you will have a strong foundation for your future at Manor College. Isn’t the time, effort, money and energy you will be investing in your college education worth a few additional hours of your time?
What can I expect from New Student Orientation?
Everyone will be in the same boat — starting out fresh and not knowing what to expect. That’s why we have New Student Orientation. You will meet some new friends, meet faculty and staff, become familiar with the departments and services of Manor College, and have fun!
What other areas will be discussed at New Student Orientation?
Areas of discussion will include information on: Student IDs, Financial Aid, Student Portal, Counseling and Health Services, Learning Center, Library, Athletics, Student Clubs and Organizations, and Campus Ministry. By the end of the day, the goal is for you to know where you can go to get your questions answered during your time at Manor College!
What should I do if I have a family emergency and cannot attend New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is an important learning experience for all of our students, so we strongly encourage you to do whatever you can to be here. But should an emergency arise where you will be unable to attend, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at email@example.com to make us aware of the situation.
Can my parents/guardian/boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend attend New Student Orientation with me?
For Fall 2020 guests will not be permitted.
What should I bring with me?
If you haven’t already mailed it in, please remember to bring your medical form with you to New Student Orientation, as well as your $100.00 deposit if you haven’t already paid it. Don’t worry about money for food, since breakfast and lunch will be provided for you.
What should I wear to New Student Orientation?
All students are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing, as well as comfortable shoes.
What if I need accommodations for New Student Orientation?
If you need accommodations to fully participate in New Student Orientation, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit requests at least 10 days prior to orientation to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.
If I have additional questions or concerns, who should I contact?
Please contact the Office of Student Engagement at email@example.com.