2019 was a year of accomplishment and pride for Manor and the Manor community. Among the major news highlights:
- Manor was awarded $30,000 in scholarship monies from the W.W. Smith Charitable Trust
- President Jon Peri’s contract was renewed by the Manor College Board nearly a year ahead of schedule
- Manor received a state-funded “Its On Us” grant to combat sexual assault on and off campus
- Founders’ Day 2019 was expanded to cover an entire week, including the MLK Day of Service and the Award Ceremony
- Prominent civil rights attorney and activist Gloria Browne-Marshall gave a speech for Black History Month
- Manor College led the pack when it came to using Open Educational Resources in the classroom
- Manor hosted a successful March Marketing Panel on Innovation and Ambition in Montgomery County
- In the March Ukrainian Dialogue, panelists discussed Kyiv patriarchy and Russian aggression in the Kerch Strait
- At the Career Fair, students were able to meet with various local employers and apply for jobs on the spot
- April’s Evening with Manor gala raised almost $30,000 for student scholarships!
- The Freshman Excellence Academic Awards honored high-achieving freshmen and inducted students into Phi Theta Kappa honor society
- The 2019 Student Awards Ceremony honored exemplary students who showed impressive leadership in sports, academics, and student organizations
- Blue Jay Weekend wrapped up the academic year with multiple days of fun, picnicking, and celebration
- May 23, 2019 was Commencement, with Montgomery County Board Commissioner Kenneth Lawrence addressed graduates with his first ever Commencement speech
- Basilian Bread baking became a beloved, fresh tradition on campus
- The October Ukrainian Dialogue featured U.S. congresswoman Madeleine Dean and Myroslava Gongadze, who discussed Emerging Women in Politics in, of, and for Ukraine
- Manor held its first ever Art Show with the theme “You Belong Here” at the Basilian Spirituality Center
- The Social Justice Symposium shed light on important issues in Philadelphia and America at large
- Dental Hygiene students placed 7th in a statewide poster competition this November
- Manor commemorated lives lost during the Ukrainian Holodomor with a community memorial and prayer service
- Manor partnered with Milton Hershey School to create access and affordability for first generation students
- On Giving Tuesday, the Manor Community came together to fundraise over $5,000 for BirdFeed and package over 10,000 meals!
- The IBX Foundation announced that the Manor College Dental Center would be receiving $35,000 for Blue Safety Net funding
It’s been a great year for Manor – and there’s plenty more to come in 2020!
Revisit 2018: a Year in Review!