• How do I apply for financial aid?

    The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed in order to apply for financial aid available through Manor College. Students are able to complete the FAFSA beginning January 1 of the year preceding their enrollment in college. We recommend that the application is completed after January 1 and before May 1. A FAFSA can be obtained from your high school guidance counselor or from the Manor College Financial Aid Office. Students can also file on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

    The following tips will assist you with completion of the FAFSA:

    • the Manor College Federal School Code is 003294.

    • have your federal tax and income information available.

    • keep photocopies of your completed application and related documents for your reference.

  • What types of financial aid are available through Manor College?

    Available financial aid at Manor College includes grants, loans and employment programs such as the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Pennsylvania State Grant, Federal Work Study, State Work Study(Summer term only), Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, and Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). In addition, a variety of scholarship opportunities and institutional grants are made available to students.

  • How is financial aid awarded to students?

    Students qualify for most financial aid based on their eligibility for individual sources of aid and their financial need. A family’s or student’s financial need is based on both a federal and school calculated formula:
    Financial Need = Cost of Attendance – Expected Family Contribution
    An average cost of attendance is calculated for each student based on their program of study and their enrollment status (Full or Part Time). The cost of attendance consists of costs for tuition, fees, room, board, books, travel and other associated educational costs. Expected Family Contribution (EFC): The EFC is calculated through the completion of the FAFSA. This figure reflects the federal estimate of what a family and/or student can afford to contribute toward a year of college.

  • How and when will I know how much financial aid I am eligible for?

    A student who files a FAFSA in a timely manner can expect to receive an award letter a few weeks after Manor College receives all necessary paper-work. The award letter will indicate eligibility for specific financial aid programs.

  • Are there any other forms that I have to fill out beside the FAFSA?

    Students choosing to borrow through the Stafford Loan Program will also need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). In addition a separate loan application and MPN is required for parents borrowing through the PLUS Loan Program (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students). We may request additional documents, such as tax returns, based on the results of your FAFSA.

  • Where do I get a Stafford Master Promissory Note or a PLUS Loan application/MPN?

    Students who answered “yes” to the loan question on the FAFSA (“in addition to grants, are you interested in student loans”) will be mailed a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for a Stafford Loan by AES/PHEAA Loan Division. If you do not receive an MPN you should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance. Parents can obtain pre-approval/denial for a PLUS Loan through AES/PHEAA by calling 1-800-692-7392 or obtaining a form from Manor’s Financial Aid Office. Parents who are pre-approved will receive the PLUS Loan MPN directly from AES/PHEAA or Manor College.

  • What if the information about income and assets on my FAFSA application does not reflect my family’s ability to pay for my education? For example, what if one of my parents has lost their job?

    The FAFSA will collect income tax  information from two years prior. Thus, if your family experiences a decrease in income in 2016, it will not be reflected on your application. Please contact our office directly for forms and assistance in reporting this type of change in your family financial situation.

  • Who do I call if I need help with applying for financial aid?

    Please contact a staff member of the Manor College Financial Aid Office. You may reach us at 215-884-6051. Our advice and assistance is free, and we are happy to help you with the application process. In addition, we offer appointments for students and families in need of financial aid advice and assistance.