Manor College in Jenkintown, PA is looking for a Part-Time Receptionist.
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for scheduling and monitoring patients through the flow of the EFDA and DENTAL HYGIENE clinical rotations. He/She will accurately enter and maintain patient information in the system, collect payments, and bill insurance at time of service. The Front Desk Receptionist will also be responsible for maintaining patient charts and assisting in the administration of business functions of the MDHC along with Administrative Assistant.
- Patient scheduling and meeting income projections:
- Effectively schedule patients with full understanding of procedures and time requirements.
- Closely monitor schedules to ensure that required laboratory cases will be delivered in time for patient’s scheduled appointments.
- Contact and confirm appointments with patients two days in advance.
- Efficiently oversee that procedures are scheduled to ensure that sufficient EFDA student restorative requirements can be met.
- Efficiently monitor scheduling to ensure that projected incomes are met or exceeded.
- Receiving patients into the Dental Center:
- Greet patients in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Phone is answered promptly and in a courteous manner.
- Follow COVID recommended protocols when receiving patients
- Collection and accountability for patient fees:
- Reviews and ensures that patient understands projected treatment plan recommendations and/or options as presented by dentist.
- Patient fully understands financial responsibilities and is presented with all options available to meet these responsibilities.
- Services provided are correctly charged out on patient’s financial record at time service is performed.
- Insurance claims are processed each day and followed through to ensure that timely payments are being made.
- Monthly bill statements are review with Administrative Assistant at the end of each month before being sent out.
- Charts and patient information:
- All patient files are updated correctly, organized and complete.
- Check to ensure that patient’s health history is up to date before patient is treated (3 yr. complete update is required).
- All patient information is kept completely confidential according to guidelines set by HIPAA.
- All new patients are mailed a welcome packet to be filled out and brought in at time of first visit.
- Hygiene Program Chart Specifics:
- Maintain student dental hygiene chart files.
- Ensure that hygiene charts are assembled and available at all times to meet student needs.
- Maintaining Recall and Rescheduling System:
- Recalls are followed-through to ensure optimum patient retention and scheduling
- Responsible for scheduling or rescheduling patients and reaching out to those that have not made appointments to complete treatment.
- Responsible for ancillary treatment aids for MDHC.
- Supervise students assigned to front desk
- Work with EFDA and Dental Hygiene Program directors in a cooperative and productive manner.
- Promote pro-active and positive public relations image of Manor Dental Health Center.
- Responsible for insuring that front desk coverage is in place for all clinical rotations.
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma
- 1-2 Years of administrative experience (Dental experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Dentrix preferred
- Excellent customer service experience
- Must be reliable and punctual
This position is part-time, year round working while the clinic is in session 12-15 hours per week.
To Apply, please submit your resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org