The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for recruiting student athletes for your team, schedule and conduct all team practices as well as ensure that all preparations have been made for games. She/he will inform players of practice, schedule and game times, departure times and roster changes. The head coach is also responsible for monitoring student-athlete progress and encouraging academic excellence.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Actively recruit all student athletes for your team. Coaches should be present at all Open House events to answer questions about the program and recruit potential players.
- Schedule and conduct all team practices.
- Must ensure that all preparations have been made for games.
- Complete Incident Reports for any injuries or disturbances that occur during an athletic event. These should be forwarded to the Athletic Director and the Dean of Students.
- Maintain close communications with the Athletic Director and/or Dean of Students and relay all important information in a timely manner.
- Must direct all requests for team uniforms or equipment to the Athletic Director in a timely manner
- Ensure that your student athletes are not left unsupervised before, during or after all away games.
- Attend meetings at the request of the Athletic Director or Dean of Students.
- Must ensure that all student athletes on your team complete and submit all required paperwork prior to the start of practices.
- Distribute team uniforms prior to the start of the regular season and then perform an inventory at the end of the season to catalog all uniforms and equipment. Coaches are responsible for ensuring that all uniforms are returned to the athletic department and the end of the season of competition.
- Keep your players informed of information regarding practices, schedule changes, game times, departure time, and roster changes.
- Provide all players with a written set of team rules on proper behavior and conduct as representatives of Manor College. You should also provide the Dean of Students with a copy of these same written rules.
- Ensure that all team members are wearing proper uniform attire and conduct themselves during games and travel in a manner befitting of Manor College.
- Provide updates on scores and stats to the Athletic Department Coordinator in a timely manner so updates can be made to the Manor College website.
- Monitor student-athlete progress and encourage academic excellence through the supervision of study halls, or arranging for tutoring in the Learning Center.
- Coaches oversee all athletic department work studies and are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the timesheets. The coach is also responsible for signing the time sheets for their work-studies.
- Responsible for providing proper disciplinary measures for player infractions during practices, games, or on campus.
- Other duties as assigned
Days and hours worked are flexible, providing all responsibilities are being fulfilled in a timely manner.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years coaching experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to pass background check and provide clearances
Please submit your resume to email@example.com