In light of the challenges students are facing this semester, Manor College has made some adjustments to academic policy.
For the Spring 2020 semester, Manor College we will allow students to withdraw from any class and receive a grade of W through the last day of classes, Friday, April 24, 2020. It is important to know that this will be considered an academic withdraw for your class and all tuition obligations remain. Students wishing to withdraw from a course must contact their advisor and complete this form.
Additionally, students will have the option to take any and all courses pass/fail for this semester only. Students who wish to complete these courses for a letter grade may do so. The following criteria apply:
- All students, regardless of academic standing, may take as many courses as they wish pass/fail for the Spring 2020 semester only. These courses will not count against the usual number of pass/fail courses a student is allowed.
- A pass will suffice in courses that are prerequisites for another course.
- Pass/Fail grades are not factored into the student’s cumulative GPA.
- To receive a “Pass” a student must earn at least a “C” determined by the course syllabus.
Grades of “C-,” “D” or “F” will be recorded as “Fail.”
- All courses in the catalog are eligible for a Pass/Fail option
- Pass/Fail courses cannot be counted toward the 12-credit minimum required for Dean’s List eligibility.
- Students who wish to take a course Pass/Fail must contact their advisor by the last day of classes, Friday, April 24, 2020 and complete this form.
- Pass/Fail grades are denoted on academic transcripts as “P” (Satisfactory) or “U” (Unsatisfactory)
- Determinations of probation and/or suspension will be temporarily deferred this semester and will not be affected by the choice of taking a course pass/fail.
Manor College understands that this is a particularly stressful time for students, and with these adjustments hopes to provide flexibility while maintaining the academic rigor students expect and deserve. We continue to be your partners in this academic journey and are working in every way possible to support students’ success.