Digital Media and Web Specialist – Part Time
STATUS: Part-time/25 hours/salary
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, the Digital Media and Web Specialist plans and executes digital marketing campaigns including search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and display advertising campaigns to meet enrollment goals and increase the visibility and brand of Manor College. The Digital Media and Web Specialist also manages the day-to-day operations of the Manor Content Management System (WordPress) to enhance the content, structure and design to increase general traffic to the website and to create an overall enhanced user experience. The Digital Media and Web Specialist works as a vital member of the Manor College Marketing Communications team and contributes to the strategic vision and goals of the team.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Perform hands-on website updates in our CMS (WordPress)
- Ensure website content is up-to-date, accurate, and compliant
- Is responsible for ensuring the website is optimized for search
- Using Google Analytics and web reporting tools, monitor, track, and analyze website health and track progress on set marketing metrics/KPI’s.
- Coordinate with internal IT resources on more complex changes and troubleshooting.
- Manage and enhance the website in terms of content, design and structure to increase general traffic to the website, increase traffic-to-lead conversion rates, and enhance the user experience for website visitors.
- Design, implement, and maintain templates and web pages for college marketing efforts
- Ensure that website branding is consistent with college standards.
- Manage and identify new opportunities for digital advertising efforts including: Display Ads, Pay-Per-Click, Re-targeting, Social Media ads, behavioral targeting, etc.
- Manage all Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts to better optimize manor.edu for Google searches
- Provides Search Engine Optimization (SEO) analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Creates monthly, quarterly and annual reports regarding digital marketing efforts and campaigns, and uses reports to inform future digital marketing decisions (reports include Google Analytics of manor.edu, search ads, retargeting ads, SEO, SEM, etc.)
- Coordinate third-party digital ad vendors including ad budgets, A/B testing, ad creatives, keyword research, setting up audiences, and optimizing for conversions and KPIs.
- Coordinate a multi-channel communication calendar.
- Launch digital ads through platforms such as Facebook Ads Manager.
- Translate publications designed for print into the digital realm of web, e-mail, mobile and likewise
- Manage the ongoing review of website content, functionality, and ensuring accuracy of content, regulatory compliance, and proper functionality
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and vendors, the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service
- Proven project coordination experience, ability to set timeframes and meet deadlines, including the ability to be flexible and manage simultaneous projects with varying priorities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and with a team
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Other duties as assigned.
Criteria & Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ year experience in website design/digital marketing/communications/ and related higher education marketing experience is preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as communications/digital marketing
- Minimum of 2 years of Google Analytics experience
- Understanding of website best practices, SEO techniques, A highly organized multitasker who can work independently and in a team environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Some coding experience (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with WordPress (CMS) preferred
- Knowledge/experience in Google Advertising and Analytics, including but not limited to search, display and retargeting; Google advertising/analytics certifications strongly preferred
- Experience in designing, developing, and measuring multi-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Experience and working knowledge with the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of the latest design trends in digital media.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize and juggle between multiple tasks/assignments
Please submit your resume with 3 references and salary requirements to email@example.com