Full-Time Veterinary Technicians – The Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services (CARES)
CARES, located in the suburbs of Philadelphia (Langhorne, PA) is looking for full-time veterinary technicians for the following positions:
- Emergency/ICU Team Leaders
- Emergency/ICU – Overnight Technician and Weekend Technician
- Emergency/ICU Overnight Assistants
- Oncology/Internal Medicine Technician
- Anesthesia Technician
- Surgical Orderly
Weekend shifts have a positive twist- You work 36 hours, but get paid for 40 hours!
We are currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus for qualified technicians. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Increased applicants should contact:
Jessica Kerr, BA, CVT, VTS (ECC)
Sr. Vet Tech Specialist – University Laboratory Animal Resources at University of Pennsylvania
Sr. Vet Tech Specialist: Provide veterinary clinical care to rodents housed in ULAR managed facilities. Under minimal supervision, triage and assess animal health, provide immediate care to emergency cases. Administer medications by oral, topical and injectable routes of administration. Maintain animal health records. Utilize knowledge of pharmacology and drug calculations. Prepare bills for treatments and medications using the computer.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduation(or soon to graduate) from an accredited Animal Health Technology program. Experience as a veterinary technician in a clinical setting . Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to lift 50lbs.
This position is temporary, and the work hours are Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 7:30am-4:30pm with some overtime potential.
Interested parties should contact:
Bethanne Walters A.S., CVT, VTS(Anesthesia), RLATG
Veterinary Technician Manager
ULAR/ Univ. of Pa.
3800 Spruce St., Ste. 177E, OVQ
Phila., PA 19104
Veterinary Technicians – Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services
The Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services is looking fofor a Emergency/ICU Critical Care – Overnight Technician & Weekend Mid-Shirt Technician. They currently are offering a $500 sign-on bonus. Interested applicants should contact Jessica Kerr by emailing email@example.com
Township Line Animal Hospital in Upper Darby is seeking an experienced part-time veterinary technician to join our team. We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas: venipuncture, IV catheter placement, pharmacy duties, lab work, radiology, handling medical records and proper restraint techniques. Ideal candidate should have experience in surgical assistance, maintaining and monitoring anesthetized patients, and Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Assisting the doctors with appointments
- Preparing animals for surgery, assisting doctors with surgery. including monitoring anesthesia, recovering surgery patients, performing dental cleanings
- Performing in house laboratory tests and x-rays
- Interacting with clients on the phone and in person
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3pm to 8pm
- Alternating Wednesdays and Saturdays 8am to 12pm
Please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Technician – Indian Walk Veterinary Center
Indian Walk Veterinary Center is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician to join our growing multi-doctor, small animal and exotic practice. We are proud to be named “Best of Bucks 2017”. We are dedicated to active learning to offer the best in modern veterinary medicine with a lot of old-fashioned TLC along the way. Our Veterinary Technicians play an integral role in providing personalized care and attention to our patients and knowledgeable and friendly customer service to our clients. We are looking for an individual with at least two years of experience in a small animal or emergency veterinary practice. This position involves strong technical skills in all areas of a veterinary hospital including, but not limited to, appointments, treatments/hospitalized patient care, monitor patient’s under anesthesia and patient discharges.
Our ideal veterinary technician believes and understands the importance of annual adult wellness and senior labwork in order to catch disease in its earliest, most treatable stages. Understands the importance of dental care and prevention. Is compassionate and able to communicate well with our pet parents and team members. Is detail-oriented, open-minded, and willing to continue to learn and grow as an individual. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced hospital and work with integrity within a team environment. Is dedicated to providing personalized care to every pet and devoted to client education to help their pets enjoy a long and happy life. Must have accurate medical record keeping skills. Must have ability to interpret animal behavior to promote a fear-free environment and positive experience for everyone involved.
This full-time position includes evenings, weekends and holiday rotations. Candidates must be PROFICIENT in the following areas:
- Utilize a computer to – access patient records, dispense medication, prepare estimates and create invoices.
- General Hospital Cleaning – keep all areas clean and presentable
- Administer SQ, IV & IM injections
- Client education – confident in speaking to clients
- Pharmacy duties – accurate dispensing of medication
- Phlebotomy – obtain a blood sample from jugular, cephalic and saphenous veins
- Animal Handling for exam and diagnostics
- Digital radiology – properly position for LL/RL/DV and VD views
- COHAT – positioning for dental radiographs a PLUS
- IV catheter placement, patient intubation and operate common equipment
- Administer Anesthesia – familiar with appropriate drug doses
- Monitor surgery patients – planes of anesthesia, follow vital sign trends and communicate this to the surgeon. Understand the benefits and limitations of the monitoring equipment.
- Follow doctor in-patient orders and medical records
Benefit package includes a competitive hourly rate, medical insurance, vacation/sick time, paid holidays, generous personal pet care discounts, continuing education, uniform allowance and more.
Why Us? – We have very low turnover. Our newest technician on the staff has been with us for 3 years with the majority of our staff 8 or more years. We are family oriented and try to be flexible with your schedule understanding the balance between work and home. We strive to provide the best medical care while equally focusing on exceptional customer service. We believe in the importance of continuing to monitor our patients after their visits and follow up with personal calls.
Veterinary Assistant – Karen Collins, VMD, LLC,Holistic Pet Healing
Karen Collins, VMD, LLC,Holistic Pet Healing, is seeking a veterinary assistant to work part time in her Langhorne office. Dr. Collins is a licensed veterinarian who has limited her practice to holistic medicine, mainly acupuncture and Chinese Herbal medicine. Although she no longer practices conventional Western medicine, she does work closely with many veterinarians who do. Her website www.holisticpethealing.net provides a good overview of the practice. Dr. Collins and her assistant strive to create a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere for both clients and patients. The duties and responsibilities include client interactions, both on the telephone and in person, appointment scheduling, inventory management, and assisting during acupuncture appointments. These appointments generally last 45 to 60 minutes. The ideal candidate would be capable of and comfortable with animal handling techniques and restraint, if necessary. In addition the ideal candidate has an interest in Holistic veterinary care and demonstrates compassion toward animals and their people. The hours in our Langhorne location are Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 AM till 8 PM. We would be willing to share the shifts between two people. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Dr. Collins may be reached by email at KarenCollinsvmd@verizon.net or by phone at 2156876-245 four additional information.
Veterinary Technician – Indian Valley Animal Hospital
Indian Valley Animal Hospital in Souderton, PA is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician, or recent veterinary technician graduate, to join their growing two doctor family oriented, small animal practice. This position offers a flexible schedule that will include a mix of days, nights and rotating Saturdays. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas: venipuncture, IV catheter placement, pharmacy duties, lab work, radiology, handling medical records and proper restraint techniques. Additional experience in surgical assistance, maintaining & monitoring anesthetized patients is a plus! The position entails a great hourly rate, career growth potential, health insurance, 401 (k), vacation, paid sick time, training and more! Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to email@example.com
Veterinary Technician – Washington Crossing Animal Hospital
Washington Crossing Animal hospital is seeking a CVT for a progressive small animal hospital to work between 30 and 40 hours per week. We are a 2 doctor companion animal hospital that emphasizes patient care and service. Duties will include patient restraint, catheter placement, vaccine and medication preparation, surgical assistance, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, and client education. We will consider applicants who have or are in the process of completing their training to become a certified technician. No overnight responsibilities. Health insurance for 401L plan in place. If you are interested in joining our team please provide a resume and call to set up an interview. 1-3 years of experience required.
Veterinary Technician – Cottman Animal Hospital
Cottman Animal Hospital is currently seeking an experienced part-time veterinary technician to join their team. Experience is required for this position, however certification is not required. The ideal candidate must have good communication skills, a professional appearance and a warm and friendly personality. Other qualities the hospital is looking for is maturity, pleasant demeanor as well as good decision making skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a variety of skills including pet restraint, blood withdrawals, administering medications, injections, radiographs, performing laboratory diagnostics and client education. The practice atmosphere is one that provides our clients with a relaxed, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Do you have what it takes to be a part of a team that feels like family? Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cottman Animal Hospital is currently seeking to full a part-time Veterinary Assistant position. Qualified candidates should be motivated and energetic to work in the fast-paced animal practice. Candidates should be knowledgeable and comfortable with animal restraint, x-ray positioning, performing TPR and communicating with clients. Qualified candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com
Veterinary Technician – The Pet Mechanic
The Pet Mechanic has an opening for a full-time Veterinary Technician position. This opportunity is focused on the care for the company’s valued general practice clients under the direction of the practice manager and veterinarians.
Join a growing business with excellent earning potential and benefits including paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, and even health benefits and a feeing program for your pets. Sign on bonus for qualified candidates.
- Assist the Veterinarian in all of their duties.
- Perform and accurately record evaluation, examination, vaccination, and medical treatment of patients.
- Treat, vaccinate and perform examinations of animals; prepare animals for exams and surgery; monitor pre and post anesthesia; perform medical treatments under the direction of our veterinary staff; perform xrays, perform or prepare laboratory tests
- Monitor animals’ conditions, rapidly identify and address anything (medical or behavioral) which might warrant veterinary attention, and work in cooperation with staff to attend to any immediate needs.
- Experienced in placing IV Catheters Experienced in assisting with dental procedures
- Experienced in monitoring patients during anesthesia
- Assist in maintaining healthy, safe, sanitary, pleasant and clean facilities for the animals.with respect and compassion; contribute to effective teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply.
Veterinary Technician – Buckingham Animal Hospital
The busy five doctor practice located in Doylestown, PA is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician.
- approximately 30+ hours a week
- Three weekdays and one evening a week
- Every other Saturday
- Assisting the veterinarians with appointments
- Preparing animals for surgery, assisting vets with surgery, monitoring anesthesia, recovering surgery patients, performing dental cleanings
- Performing in house laboratory tests and radiographs (digital)
- Caring for hospitalized patients
- Interacting with clients on the phone and in person
- Previous experience at a vet practice required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting compassion and empathy towards animals and their owners
- Reliability is a must
Compensation & Environment:
- Competitive hourly compensation based on experience
- Friendly office environment
- Generous employee pet discount
- Paid vacation after one year
- 401K after two years
Please respond via email with cover letter and resume to Dr. Brad Kube at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!