Necropsy Technician I
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Perform basic necropsy laboratory procedures. Participate in the documentation of all activities as required. Receive and ship samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with and perform basic necropsy procedures (basic dissection, tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming, sample collection, etc.).
- Learn/know correct anatomic terms.
- Receive samples, complete tracking documentation, and prepare pathology materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Must be able to differentiate normal from abnormal tissue. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Medical Scribe – 1/24/18
ScribeAmerica is hiring a Medical Scribe. ScribeAmerica hires and trains anyone interested in a career in medicine. They provide paid classroom and clinical training in the medical department to prepare applicants to be medical scribes. The role of a scribe offers exciting first-hand experience in the medical department and full one-on-one shifts working with board certified physicians. The job is second-to-none for exposure to medicine, disease processes, medical decision making and procedures performed in the medical department. ScribeAmerica is looking for motivated, loyal applicants who have a passion for learning about the medical field to join their team. If interested, please apply directly at www.scribeamerica/apply today!