Would you like to gain experience and earn extra money while in nursing school? If so, Visiting Angels of Jenkintown might be right for you. As America’s choice in homecare, we service eastern Montgomery County, Pennsylvania with needs ranging from post-surgical aftercare to elder care. Whether providing safety supervision, assisting with Activities of Daily Living, or preparing meals, you will be part of a team that truly values the importance of supporting lifestyle and personal preferences. We also recognize the value of an excellent caregiver and will offer assignments that best fit with your life and your preferences. Opportunities range from 2 to 12-hour shifts, days and nights, weekdays and weekends. If you are an experienced caregiver seeking a unique private care experience we would love to meet you!
- Private home environment
- Continuing training and education
- Nurse Supervisor oversight and orientation to each case
- 24/7 support
- $13 per hour with an extra $1 per hour for weekends
- Completed at least 1 year of nursing school (24 credits) and/or 2 clinical rotations
- 2-Step PPD Clearance
- Direct Care Staff Training Online Certification
- Successful Completion of:
- National criminal background check
- Federal and State level background check
- Department of Motor Vehicle checks
Job Type: Part-time
- Driver’s License (Required)
Full and Part-Time Brain Injury Specialists
Join the excitement of a dynamic company committed to providing exceptional neurological rehabilitation to adults with brain injury! ReMed is a growing organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our clients and each other. For 34 years, we’ve developed programs to meet the diverse needs of clients with moderate to severe traumatic and acquired brain injuries. We provide treatment for post-concussion syndrome, stroke, memory loss, neurobehavioral issues and accident or sports-related head injuries. Our CARF accredited, post-acute residential, vocational and outpatient programs are offered in the Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Jeannette and Pittsburgh regions of Pennsylvania, as well as East Brunswick, New Jersey and Howard and Montgomery Counties of Maryland.
We are searching for full and part-time Brain Injury Specialists to work in our residential programs located in Paoli, Malvern, Phoenixville and West Chester, PA. This position provides minimum to maximum assistance and/or supervision to promote our clients’ success in daily living tasks, recreational activities and vocational pursuits. Responsibilities include assisting clients with personal care and hygiene, therapies, and driving and accompanying clients to appointments, activities and other outings. Candidates must be comfortable working with a variety of medically complicated and behaviorally challenged clients.
We welcome dedicated and motivated candidates in the areas of psychology, behavior analysis, social work, sociology, human & social services, nursing, pre-med, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, speech pathology, physical therapy and other related disciplines. ReMed offers a wide range of settings where clinical and professional skills can be developed. Schedules will include a mix of day (7a-3p) and evening (1p-9p or 2p-10p) shifts, as well as include at least one weekend shift. Overnight shifts (typically 9p-7a or 10p-8a) are also available. It will be a set schedule that remains the same, week to week.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible schedule
- Intensive, on-going training
- Comprehensive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
Candidates must be willing to attend a full-time 3-4 day paid training at our administrative office in Paoli, PA within the first two months of employment. Our pay scale takes into account a candidate’s education and experience performing a similar position (i.e. direct care) and ranges from $11 to $15/hour.
Requirements: A high school diploma is required; an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, insurance and responsible driving behaviors must be maintained. Competence in writing, planning, organization and documentation, as well as time management skills are required. The ability to communicate with families, professionals and co-workers is a must. The ability to demonstrate positive client interaction skills is essential.
ReMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us online at www.remed.com for more information.
Necropsy Technician I
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Perform basic necropsy laboratory procedures. Participate in the documentation of all activities as required. Receive and ship samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with and perform basic necropsy procedures (basic dissection, tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming, sample collection, etc.).
- Learn/know correct anatomic terms.
- Receive samples, complete tracking documentation, and prepare pathology materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Must be able to differentiate normal from abnormal tissue. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Medical Scribe – 1/24/18
ScribeAmerica is hiring a Medical Scribe. ScribeAmerica hires and trains anyone interested in a career in medicine. They provide paid classroom and clinical training in the medical department to prepare applicants to be medical scribes. The role of a scribe offers exciting first-hand experience in the medical department and full one-on-one shifts working with board certified physicians. The job is second-to-none for exposure to medicine, disease processes, medical decision making and procedures performed in the medical department. ScribeAmerica is looking for motivated, loyal applicants who have a passion for learning about the medical field to join their team. If interested, please apply directly at www.scribeamerica/apply today!