Manager of Accounting
Major Insurance Company in Center City, Philadelphia
The Manager, Premium Services will lead a team of New Business and Premium Services Analysts who are responsible for the timely and accurate creation of initial premium statements and the application of premium for our block of group client accounts across the U.S.
He/she will oversee functions including (but not limited to) initial billing, premium processing, client/system updates, policyholder administrative changes, new client implementation, technical/consultative support to clients and field sales offices, etc. The incumbent must be a proven leader with experience in organizational management skills as well as an exemplary client/ service orientation with an emphasis on quality management. He/she must be process engineer, innovator and change agent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets objectives and priorities in order to maintain the desired levels of productivity and quality regarding standards in the processing of initial bills, inforce listbill and self-administered premium, maintenance of list billed employee data, conservation and policyholder changes.
- Monitors workloads and processing standards and recommends staffing and/or scheduling adjustments as needed for daily, monthly and billing periods.
- Ensures timely and thorough completion of customer service requests within standard turnaround time.
- Assists Director in proactive development and implementation of methods to continuously improve the department’s operations effectiveness, quality, quantity, and customer service and turnaround time.
- Ensures department maintains or exceeds standards relating to financial objectives for suspense, due and unpaid, cash error, unapplied cash, premium posted, etc.
- Participates in providing system requirements for any system enhancement and provides the resources for any necessary testing of those enhancements.
- Mentors staff to acknowledge accountability, provides motivation and structure a staff that continuously and harmoniously produces successful results, with minimal supervision
- Prepares performance appraisals on a timely basis, recommends salary actions and promotions and transfers for employees within the unit.
- Participate in interviews and performance management
- Contributes to preparing training, procedures manuals, job aids, training tools, and workflow enhancements. Ensures training concepts are retained and reinforced.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from brokers, Regional Sales Offices, policyholders, applicants, etc. per organizational chart.
- Maintains general responsibility for operations of computer applications utilized by the department and offers recommendations for enhancements.
- Participates on project teams as assigned by Director.
- Submits reports on a timely basis as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years previous managerial experience in a high volume payment/customer service production environment required.
- Group insurance or financial service industry administration experience highly preferred.
- Proven leadership and organizational management skills required.
- Superior service, diplomacy and problem solving skills are required.
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of personnel required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of insurance administration practices.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and accomplished in large group monitoring activities.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing process improvements
To apply, contact:
Full-Time Accounting/Bookkeeper Opportunity in King of Prussia
Accounting / Bookkeeper – In customer service department of a busy manufacturing company in King Of Prussia .
Industrial Product Company in King Of Prussia offers over 50 years of experienced field, technical and product application assistance. We offer full service before, during and after each sale with in-plant assistance. Our client offers demos and superior product specifications at all times for every caster, wheel, count & control system, machinery & equipment mount, metal working tool & component and material handing specialty component applications.
The person in this role would be expected to provide high-level of customer service to clients, process purchase orders, perform accounting duties and provide general administrative support for the office.
- History working in an industrial environment
- Experience working with and processing purchase and sales orders
- Invoicing experience
- Strong customer service mindset
- Excellent phone skills
- Very good attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Bachelor degree required
- 5 plus years of experience
- Must like working in a small business environment
Starting salary $48,000 to $50,000 depending on experience.