Our ideal candidate will believe that Pets Come First; have a deep appreciation for the human-animal
bond that pet parents have with their pets; be passionate about embracing low stress handling
philosophies and methodologies in the performance of all duties; be enthusiastic about client education
and communication, and have at least 1-2 years of clinical experience in a companion animal practice.
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an
inclusive service provider in this community. We Respect all, always.
● Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical
● Perform venipuncture and IV catheter placement
● Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite
analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
● Perform diagnostic imaging using proper positioning and safety techniques
● Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
● Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
● Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner, educate and counsel them on
preventive health care, behavior problems, dental care, and nutrition.
● Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development
opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
● Competitive salary
● Medical, dental, vision
● Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 ability to talk to a professional
● Paid time off for full-time employees
● Paid sick time
● 401(k) plan: Safe Harbor matches 4% and is immediately vested
● Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
● Free scrubs
● Free At Dove subscription for all staff
● Great employee pet benefits
If you are passionate about supporting high standards of veterinary medicine and will excel in a
collaborative environment where you are rewarded for success, are encouraged to operate at the top of
your certification, pursue professional interests, and take the time to practice veterinary medicine in a
patient centered way, then we want to talk to you! We take pride in our work, what we do is important.
Experienced Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant needed for a 2 doctor practice in Plymouth Meeting. Full time hours preferred but not required, usually 36 to 40 hours per week including some Saturdays. The hospital is well equipped with digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, in house lab equipment. We are developing a team of well trained, open minded and dedicated employees who are passionate about both patients and clients. Enjoy working in a supportive, family oriented, and positive team!
Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties include but not limited to; assisting the veterinarian during examinations of animals, providing restraint as needed. Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums and treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian. Obtain radiographs, with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques. Perform laboratory tests, collect, prepare and label samples for laboratory testing: including blood, urine and fecal. Preparing animals for surgery, IV catheter placement, assisting in surgery, perform routine dental cleaning, and maintain accurate patient records.
Qualifications and Skills:
Must have experience. Must be able to work well with other staff members. Accurately add, subtract, multiply, divide and compute rate, ratio and percent. Lift, restrain and move animals up to 50lbs. Must be able to pass a background check.
The Village Vets of Plymouth Meeting is a companion animal veterinary hospital located right on Germantown Pike. Our passionate veterinarians and staff are dedicated to providing outstanding medical care and customer service to our patients with services including pet exams, teeth cleaning, spay and neuter, surgery, pet vaccinations and more. We strive to try and make visits for both owners and pets as comfortable as possible for a more pleasant experience, treating each animal with the care and compassion our four-legged friends deserve. Check us out! – plymouth.thevillagevets.com
How to Apply:
Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to our practice manager, Leah Silverman at: Plymouth@thevillagevets.com
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive hourly compensation based on experience
• Performance based Bonus Pay
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Employee discount
Job Type: Full- time or Part-time
• 8 hour shift
• 10 hour shift
• Saturday availability
• Day shift
• One location
• Remote Work Unavailable
We are allowing clients in with their pets as long as they wear masks, employees are expected to wear masks indoors.
Pet Care Technician
Pet Care Technicians are responsible for delivering on our core promises, cleanliness and compassionate care. This position spends the most time directly in contact with our furry friends. Someone in this position not only must love dogs, they must also be willing to “get down and dirty”. Cleaning accommodations, giving dog baths and managing doggie daycare are all part of the daily routine. You must excel at communication and observation skills, as well as possess a keen eye for detail.
Essential Job Functions:
Very customer service-oriented
Able to use down time effectively
Responsible for the health and well-being of dogs in Daycare and Boarding
Works closely with owner in charge to handle resort tasks
Responsible for the sanitation of all accommodations and outdoor areas, bathing, and monitoring daycare
Performs body checks on to search for pre-existing conditions and/or injuries
Has the ability to perform the following tasks at the request of the General Manager/Owner
Run dogs from daycare or boarding to customers
Personal playtimes for dogs
Takes dogs outside for elimination breaks
Must complete K9 Resorts Certification Program for a Pet Care Technician
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent
Previous experience is preferred but not required
Some weekend and holiday hours are required
Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
Proficient written and spoken communication skills.
Ability to lift 50lbs
Must be able to communicate with all types of people, remain calm, mediate and problem solve
Must be of moral and ethical character
High level of emotional intelligence
Salesmanship personality and comfort
Ability to multitask
Strong ability to adapt to change and support company directives
A Can-Do – It is my job attitude
Outgoing, positive, enthusiastic personality
Must demonstrate a love for dogs
Well-organized and efficient
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Brees Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Assistant or Technician to join our team in providing top quality veterinary health care for our clients and patients. Prior experience in animal health care is required for a perspective candidate with veterinary certification(s) preferred. Skills such as, but not limited to, vaccine program knowledge, phlebotomy, administration of medications, performing radiographs, proficiency in word processing and filing, and client communication would be needed.
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, in Pittsburgh, PA is growing, and we are seeking Veterinary Technicians to join our team!
Our hospital has an exceptional work environment where associates learn, collaborate and have fun! You can work with talented team members in a multitude of specialties, including surgery, dermatology, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, cardiology, and a fast-paced, exciting ER.
We are looking for an experienced technician with a strong work ethic who is dedicated to their chosen profession and is passionate about providing the highest quality of care for their patients. You will be able to advance and fully utilize your technical skills. Our hospital also provides an encouraging environment that will support your continued professional growth in Emergency and Specialty Medicine.
Our BluePearl Veterinary Technicians:
– Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients and use anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
– Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients.
– Have a complete understanding of normal ranges of patient vitals signs, including but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
– Obtain and interpret blood pressure and other vitals signs and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
– Identify patients at risk for arrest and initiate CPR.
– Properly calculate medical math (including constant rate infusions) and administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
– Are proficient at performing phlebotomy and placing intravenous catheters in all peripheral vessels.
– Place and maintain feeding tubes and central line catheters.
– Have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
– Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
– We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
– In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, CareerTrax, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
– We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
– Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
– Annual company store allowance.
– Flexible work schedules.
– Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
– A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
– We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more opportunities at BluePearl, please visit: https://careers.bluepearlvet.com/careers/
Senior Veterinary Technician
Senior Veterinary Technician: Provide veterinary clinical care to rodents and some other laboratory animal species housed in ULAR managed facilities. Under minimal supervision, triage and assess animal health, provide immediate care to emergency cases. Administer medications by oral, topical, and injectable routes of administration. Maintain animal health records. Utilize knowledge of pharmacology and drug calculations. Prepare bills for treatments and medications using the computer.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduation (or soon to graduate) from an accredited Animal Health Technology program. Experience as a veterinary technician in a clinical setting. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to lift 50lbs.
This position is temporary, and the work hours are 7:30am-4:30pm, including weekday/weekend/holiday shifts with some overtime potential.
Interested parties are invited to apply at https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/careers-at-penn referencing JR00041437 (Vet Tech Sr.) or by contacting:
Jennifer Kirsch, MLA, BA, RLATG
Veterinary Technician Manager
ULAR/ University of Pennsylvania
3800 Spruce St., Ste. 177E, OVQ
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Animal Facility Manager
Salus University is hiring a part-time Animal Facility Manager to work in a research vivarium. This position would be a good fit for a student or recent graduate with animal lab experience and strong organizational skills.
Primary Functions: Responsible for the management of personnel and laboratory animal care in an AAALAC-accredited vivarium.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures conditions vital to the well-being and care of animals are continuously met in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, and university policies.
2. Participates in Institutional Animal Care Use Committee (IACUC) meetings as a voting member.
3. Performs and/or delegates necessary animal husbandry functions:
a. Provide feed, water, bedding and clean cages
b. Monitor and maintain environmental conditions (temperatures, humidity, light levels and ventilation)
c. Track and record relevant environmental data.
d. Observe animals daily for signs of illness or disease.
e. Perform vivarium sanitation and maintenance tasks.
f. Operates cagewasher and sterilization equipment
4. Prepares animal care program for regulatory inspections
5. Orders mice, drugs, and supplies necessary for animal care and vivarium maintenance and cleaning.
6. Coordinates animal transfers and transport with other research facilities in coordination with the veterinarian and Salus researchers.
7. Performs animal health testing and coordinates necessary care with the veterinarian.
8. Performs sterility testing of the autoclave and sanitation practices
9. Provides training:
a. Orientation Training for new researchers, students and animal care staff, Salus maintenance staff, and outside vendors (e.g., HVAC).
b. Specialized in vivo procedure training for researchers, students and animal care staff.
10. Ensures appropriate maintenance of all equipment and caging in the vivarium.
11. Provides animal observations during regular business hours and outside of regular business hours.
12. Maintains all required facility maintenance records, including daily inspection logs, animal health records, research protocols, colony census records and facility maintenance records using computer databases and regulatory documents
13. Manages animal care staff
14. Other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Veterinarian, faculty, research staff, maintenance staff, housekeeping staff and supervisors
External: Outside facility coordinators, investigators, veterinarians, researchers, and vendors.
1. Supervision Received:
Supervision provided by the Research Compliance Coordinator
2. Supervision Given:
Provides supervision to the Animal Care Staff
• Position requires working closely with animals in an animal research environment.
• Position requires a high degree of physical work effort including but not limited to: bending, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), squatting, pushing/pulling, reaching and long periods of standing.
• Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including uniforms and respiratory protection.
• Required availability to work on weekends and holidays.
• May be required to carry a cellphone and be on after-hours call.
• Designated as essential personnel during a storm/natural disaster.
• High school diploma/GED
• AALAS ALAT certification
• 2-3 years of experience working in a laboratory animal research facility
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience in a management role at an AAALAC-accredited laboratory animal facility
• AALAS LATG certification
Skills and Other Requirements:
• Basic computer literacy, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Veterinary Technician – Buckingham Animal Hospitaltor veterinary practice located in Doylestown, PA seeks an experienced Veterinary Technician.
• A set weekly schedule of approximately 35 hours a week
• One evening a week
• Every other Saturday
• Assist the veterinarians with appointments
• Perform in-house laboratory tests and take digital radiographs
• Care for hospitalized and surgery patients
• Interact with clients on the phone and in person
• Previous experience at a vet practice required
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting compassion and empathy towards animals and their owners
• Reliability is a must
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude to fit with current work environment
Compensation & Environment:
• Competitive hourly compensation based on experience
• Health insurance
• Two weeks paid vacation after six months
• 401K after two years
• Generous employee pet discount
• Friendly and energetic office environment in a spacious building with lots of natural light
BAH COVID Statement:
• We are still masking in our office. For appointments are allowing one masked client inside with a mask. Safety is a top priority for us.
Buckingham Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary practice that has served the Central Bucks County community since 1950. Our family-owned practice is dedicated to providing compassionate and progressive veterinary care while promoting a relaxed work environment. Located between Doylestown and New Hope, our five-doctor practice is in a bright and spacious 6,000 square foot, stand-alone building.
Please respond to Dr. Brad Kube at email@example.com with cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
$2,500.00 Bonus for Qualified Technician Candidates!
Are you looking to join a team that shares your passion for optimal patient care? Do you enjoy an environment that focuses on your educational development? Would you want to be part of a “work family” that is fun and emotionally supportive? If you answered yes, then Crown Veterinary Specialists is the place for you!
Our focus is to provide a “Fear Free” environment for our patients and a “Healthy Work/Life Balance” for our team. We believe in a culture of leadership at every level to reduce the need for micromanaging. Every team member’s knowledge, ideas and contributions enhance our mission to provide the “Best Medicine” through “Collaborative Care”.
The health and well-being of your family is important to us, so from day one we provide access to affordable medical, dental and vision coverage. If you feel you need a little extra security, we also offer Aflac insurance. To make sure the furry members of your family are taken care of we provide 40% off medical care and access to discounted pet food and preventatives.
We value the time spent with our “work “family. Salaries are based on experience and overall passion to grow with us. We strive to stay current with offers that meet this competitive market. It is our belief that our patients should always be supported with the same level of care 24/7. To achieve this goal and acknowledge your dedication to work “off hours”, a generous shift differential for nights and weekends is provided. Holiday hours that you work are double time and there is always a special meal planned. You will also be paid for holidays that fall on a scheduled workday, even if you are home celebrating! Extra bonus pay is also offered at times in appreciation of your help to keep the team from being short-handed.
As much as we love our “work “family we all need some time away to rest and enjoy life with our personal pets and family. Our substantial paid time off policy supports the work-life balance we all need. The longer you stay, the more paid time off you get to play!
To provide the knowledge and growth you seek; we have in house events and a continuing education allowance. We have a training system that allows you to level up when you are ready to take the next step in your career. Every day is a learning experience, and we encourage everyone to ask questions. If you are ready for your CVT or VTS we will provide the mentorship and finances to get you there!
In addition to all the benefits above we also provide:
• Yearly uniform allowance, so you can pick the style you like
• Life insurance
• Snacks and celebrations!
• Two amazing hospital cats- Jax and Sparrow!
Our “family” atmosphere results in a bonded group with minimal team turnover. Crown Veterinary Specialists and Associates is a privately owned, premiere emergency and specialty hospital. Our location Hunterdon County, New Jersey is ideal to those that enjoy nature and a vicinity that is close to NYC and Philadelphia. In joining our team, you will work alongside several board-certified veterinarians and veterinary technician specialists in our well-equipped, modern facility which offers 24-hour emergency and critical care as well as surgery, dermatology, cardiology, ophthalmology, oncology, pain management, alternative medicine, and rehabilitative therapy for our patients.
We are seeking experienced full time and part time technicians for day, swing and overnights in the ICU and ER. We also have openings in cardiology, oncology, and surgery. LVT / CVT / VTS, the ability to self-motivate and previous ER, Surgery and ICU experience will be given priority.
Please visit the career section of our website: crownvet.com to fill out an application.
Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to:
Jessica Kerr BA, CVT, VTS (ECC)
Team Education and Support Specialist
Certified Veterinary Technician
Are you excited about the opportunity to ignite your career and work at an AAHA accredited hospital? Do you dream of working at a practice where you can truly offer the best treatment plan for the patient? With income based discounts and payment plan options, we often find more success stories with our clients! If you thrive in working with heartwarming adoptions, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are located in Reading, Pennsylvania. Our town is the home of First Energy Stadium which holds many events from sports to festivals. We are within driving distance of the Pocono Mountains, where you can enjoy hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter. For a quick weekend getaway, we are about 60 minutes northeast of Philadelphia and 120 minutes from New York City!
At Humane Veterinary Hospital, our mission is to offer the best veterinary care for the entire community! We deliver the highest level of care for our patients and are proud to be a member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We also provide exclusive veterinary service for all Humane Pennsylvania animal shelters. Our team experiences the rewarding process of adoption, working directly with animals pre-adoption and post-adoption. At our practice, our team fosters a strong environment for collaboration and teamwork. We are committed to learning new skills as we continue to innovate and practice high-quality medicine in our community.
What You’ll Be Working On
● Excellent communication and relationships with clients
● Primary job functions include animal restraint, venipuncture, vaccine administration, filling prescriptions are required
● Experience with surgical prep, anesthesia induction, recovering and monitoring, dental prophy, and dental radiography skills preferred
● Assist veterinarian with exam rooms
● Obtaining and maintaining patient information
● Certified Veterinary Technician license in the state of Pennsylvania preferred or a minimum of 2 years of experience at a veterinary hospital, shelter, or experience with high volume spay/neuter
● Fluent in Spanish preferred, but not required
● Experience with handling patients in a low-stress manner
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Demonstrated compassion for patients and clients
● Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and have strong organization skills
● Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment
● Ability to work rotating Saturdays
What’s In It For You
● Flexible Schedule with no on-call hours!
● Paid Time Off and Sick Days!
● Excellent benefits with Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance!
● Disability and Life Insurance included
● 403b Retirement Plan
● Licensing Fees covered and Paid CE
● Sign on Bonus
● Generous medical discounts for your pets
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.