Part Time – Screen Cleaner and Catcher
Job posted: 10/22/19
215.886.61|(Glenside, PA) 215.725.3637 (Philadelphia, PA)
215.572–6937 (Fax) Tree & Landscape Management
www.libertytreecare.com 108 Limekiln Pike • 1 st Floor · Glenside, PA 19038 International Society of Arboriculture • Professional Grounds Management Society • Tree Care Industry Association Liberty
We are a well established landscape company that is looking for an Office Manager/Administrator to add to our office support staff. Qualified candidates will be self starters that thrive in an exciting fast paced office environment that involves multi–tasking. Please email a copy of your resume and we will contact you after it has been reviewed.
Job title: Office Manager/Administrator
Job Location: Glenside, PA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate proposals using Microsoft Word
Entering Work Orders in CLIP software
- Answering medium–high volume incoming phone calls while maintaining polite and
professional manner. Collect and summarize employee timekeeping information weekly Prepare payroll reports and scan to payroll company weekly Update employee records, scan New Hire paperwork to payroll company Entering invoices into QuickBooks weekly Record customer remittance checks in CLIP software Preparing check deposits for Bank Balance Bank accounts to ensure properly funded Working/General Knowledge of Office Administration: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and bookkeeping
Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, and scanning
- Receive ,sort, and action mail Skills and Qualifications:
2–4 yrs experience office administration
- Strong phone & Customer service skills–courteous and professional
Ability to Multi–task Self Starter & Proactive approach Attention to Detail Organized individual Ability to prioritize
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (Excel & Word), Prior experience in an
- Can work Independently or with others
Job Type: Full Time, Monday–Friday 9:00–:500
Job posted: Oct. 15, 2019
Counter and Delivery Driver
Trios Tomato Pie. Two locations in Elkins Park and Glenside. We are currently hiring part time for two positions.
Job posted: 9/26/19
The Supports Coordinator will engage individuals and their families in the development of plans that assure the needs and wishes of the consumers are addressed and life opportunities expanded. Supports Coordinators assist in the choice of services and supports, coordinate the provision of services and supports, and monitor the delivery of services and supports. This employee will promote individuality, choice and control. This position will be performed consistently with the values, principals and philosophy of The Everyday Lives Publications, Quality Progressions, and all applicable policies and procedures. The employee will have a strong foundation of experience in providing supports coordination or services to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This employee will have a strong belief that people with disabilities can achieve outcomes, have value, and contribute to their community. All decisions and actions of the employee will be consistent with the agency mission statement and will be completed with a customer service focus. The employee must be proficient in the use of computers and with HCSIS.
- Completes assessments to identify each person’s needs and desires. This will include the use of formal and informal tools to gather information needed to assist the person to identify their needs and wishes.
- Assists the person to develop their Individual Support Plan and personal budget. Updating the ISP as needed and at least annually. This is to be completed with a person centered approach.
- Supports the person to identify the outcomes they need to achieve and assures that the ISP addresses these.
- Identifies the services that will meet the customer’s needs. Completes the referrals. Coordinates the services the person is receiving. Resolves any barriers to the delivery of service. This involves knowing a fully array of options and knowing where to learn of others as needs and interest warrant.
- Monitors the services to assure they are being delivered as planned and that the outcomes that were identified are being achieved. Monitors to assure the person is safe and in the best possible health.
- Assists in identifying and sustaining the person’s support network including family, friends, and associates.
1339 Chestnut Street • Suite 700 • Philadelphia, PA 19107-3519 • Phone: 267.765.2000 • Fax: 267.765.2019
- Assists in arranging for and effectively managing generic resources and generic supports.
- Assists in identifying and developing community resources to preserve the person’s well- being in the home and community.
- Awareness of The Everyday Lives Publications, and Quality Progressions and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Attends training and continues to remain knowledgeable about current best practices in services to support people with mental retardation.
- Trains families and consumers on their rights and due process.
- Develops a professional working relationship with the families and consumers on their caseload. This involves getting to know each person we support.
- Maintains a customer service focus. This involves meeting with consumers and their family at their availability.
- Completion of all other duties that are needed to support the consumers and their family and Quality Progressions.
- Oversight and assistance given to FDSS grants.
- Takes initiative and exhibits leadership.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Effective Oral Communications Effective Written Communications Technical Communications Interpersonal skills
Reading Comprehension Diplomacy Professionalism Customer Service Excellent Organization and Time Management Computer Literacy
File Management Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite Knowledge of databases preferred Ability to pass background screens A reliable car
File Management Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite Knowledge of databases preferred Ability to pass background screens
A reliable car
Degree: A Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field.
Prior Human Services work experience helpful.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Marteha Stewart, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com or by calling her directly at 267-765-0849. Please submit a cover letter and copy of your resume.
Job posted: 8/30/19
Jenkintown Library is accepting applications for a part time Communication Coordinator to help promote, market and increase the visibility of the library. See the full job description.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes with a cover letter by Tuesday, July 30th to:
Rosalind Lubeck, Director
460 York Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE MANAGER
Mt Laurel, NJ
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. Our locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, and Wheel Works. With 2,200 locations across America and over $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Learn more!
Apply today to learn more about why Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build your career!
Bridgestone to 97211
Serving customers is a key to success in this position. Combining your in-depth automotive repair knowledge with your exceptional people skills, you’ll manage customer relationships and frequently serve as a liaison between technicians and customers. You’ll also select, coach, lead, train and supervise vehicle technicians while assisting with the purchase of parts, materials and equipment.
You will take a leadership role in creating:
• Teammate Retention
• Customer Satisfaction & Retention
• Serving Customers’ Automotive Service Needs
• Creating Results for Teammates, Customers, and the Company
• 4 years’ auto service technical experience.
• 1 year service manager or writer experience.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Pre-employment drug test, physical exam and background check required.
• A college degree is preferred.
We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer…. We promise to care!
Our Purpose: To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
Over 100 years of success in both the tire and auto repair industry.
Matthew Biddle – 419-463-9019
Job posted: 7/8/19
Asset Protection Customer Hosts
Willow Grove Walmart – The job responsibilities include validating customer and associate purchases, bag checks and maintaining a safe entry way. The position starts at $11.50 an hour.
I am in need of 7-10 full and part time associates and can work with multiple availabilities, but our needs are primarily evenings and weekends which would seem perfect for students. I can be reached at my email address or on my cell phone.
Christopher W. Cooper AP Assistant Store Manager
Phone: 215-830-8370 Ext. 100
Job posted: 5/22/19
Seeking an after-school Nanny for the 2019-2020 school year (Late August – Mid-June). Responsible high-school seniors, local college students, or local retirees welcome.
One, extremely well behaved 11-year-old girl. She does her homework, practices the violin and does her after school chores with no arguments or need for reminding.
Position would require:
- A reliable and safe car. Must have a valid driver’s license, and can pass a criminal background and child abuse check.
- Getting our daughter off the bus at approximately 3:30 each afternoon (Monday-Friday)
- Staying with her until 6pm each night when one of us gets home from work.
- Assisting with homework, etc.
- Driving her to violin lessons in Ambler 1 day per week.
- Picking her up at school after running club 1 day per week.
- Washing dishes in the sink.
- Clean up of whatever is used/played with each afternoon.
- Absolutely no use of electronic devices while in the car.
Pay is $40/day for all planned days. If we cancel a day due to sickness, or a parent being home, or if you are sent home early due to a parent being home early…the pay is the same. Unpaid days are for planned days off like holidays, or school closures, or if the Nanny cancels.
Occasional need for staying later than 6pm. Usually with at least 1 week of notice. Extra pay for extra hours is provided.
Occasional need for full or half-day coverage when school is closed. At least 1 month notice would be provided to plan for this. Extra pay for extra hours is provided
$10/week is provided to cover gas for the trip to violin lessons and pick up after running club.
This position must be at our home, and does not allow for the Nanny to bring other children to our home.
Location – Elkins Park, PA
Please message me if interested.
Job posted: 5/21/19
-Handling Accounts Payable/Receivables
-Coordinating product shipping and receiving
-Ordering office supplies
Running errands is necessary within this role – including picking up samples, making small deliveries/returns.
Interested applicant should reply with resume to (gilbertderrick@realtyagent.
Highly Organized and Detail Oriented – The ability to organize your workflow and prioritize accordingly.
Yard Help Wanted
job posted 4/23/19
Dental Front Desk Position