- Ph.D. English Pennsylvania State University
- M.A. English Pennsylvania State University
- B.A. English Brooklyn College
Academic Specialties & Interests
Modern and Contemporary Literature, Philosophy in Literature, Shakespeare, Film
• On Thursday, May 3, 2001 co-presented with Michael Landis at the Lycoming College Conference on Teaching Excellence in Williamsport, PA “Empowering Students With Heroic Assignments,” derived from material and data generated from the EN101 Honors and EN102 Honors core-curriculum course sequence.
• On Thursday, November 1 and Friday, November 2, 2001, attended and co-presented at the “Making Connections in the Humanities” Conference in Tempe Arizona, sponsored by DeVry Institute.
• On Friday, October 25, 2002, in conjunction with Michael Landis and Senior Associate Professor Anne Knop, presented “Empowering Students With Heroic Assignments” at the annual Community College Humanities Association (CCHA) Eastern Division Conference at the New Yorker Hotel in New York City
• On Thursday, November 7, 2003, in conjunction with Michael Landis, presented “Empowering Students With Heroic Assignments” at the Seventh Annual Conference On Learning Communities and
Collaboration (sponsored by Delta College; Indiana University—Purdue University, Indianapolis; Metropolitan Community College of Kansas City, MO; and William Rainey Harper College) in Traverse City, Michigan.
• Co-facilitated a conference presentation entitled “Deep Place Writing” at the Community College Humanities
Association 2003 National Conference, on Friday, October 31, 2003 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
• On Saturday, November 13, 2004, co-delivered a presentation entitled
“From Deep Place to Deep Places” at the 2004 Community College
Humanities Association’s (CCHA’S) Pacific-Western Division
Conference designated “The Humanities: Making Connections,
Exploring Ecologies,” in Seattle, Washington.
• On Wednesday, June 14, 2006 co-delivered a presentation entitled “Deep Place” at the N.E.W.-C.U.E. Annual Conference in Honor of Rachel Carson in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
• On Friday, November 7, 2008, co-presented with Michael Landis Transformations…Crossing the Limen… at the annual Community College Humanities Association (CCHA)-Pacific-Western-Division Conference, entitled Transformations: Our Classrooms, Our Students, Our Selves… in Portland, Oregon.
• On Friday, October 30, 2009 co-presented with Michael Landis Transformations…Crossing the Limen… at the annual Community College Humanities Association (CCHA) National Conference in Chicago, Illinois, as a function of being asked to re-present pursuant to the presentation of the same title at the CCHA-Pacific-Western Division Conference in Fall 2008.
• Co-presented with Michael Landis a 45 minute multimedia lecture on the development of Ernesto Guevara from an ardent medical student to acclaimed revolutionary, “El Che”: “From Ernesto to ‘El Che’: Tracing the Transformation Trajectory” at the Community College Humanities Association, Pacific Western Division, Conference in Portland, Oregon from October 25 to 28, 2012 (the theme of this conference was “Making Histories in the Humanities”).
- Adjunct Faculty Pennsylvania State University 1964-present
- Adjunct Faculty Temple University 1964-present
- Adjunct Faculty LaSalle University 1964-present
- Professor of English Manor College 1981
Swimming, hiking, gardening, doing Tai Chi, watching films, reading, furthering animal welfare
- Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to Film
- Fundamentals of Composition I Honors
- Fundamentals of Composition II