The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for the successful operation and management of a competitive Division III women’s volleyball program. Including but not limited to recruiting, scheduling of team activities, training, academic monitoring and fundraising, while adhering to the College’s mission and having academically successful student-athletes and providing service learning opportunities.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes within the scope of the NJCAA and college guidelines
- Maintain acceptable roster of student-athletes as determined in consultation with the Director of Athletics
- Monitor team and individual academic success and degree completion
- Plan and coordinate all team practices and games
- Ensure that all preparations have been made for games.
- Complete Incident Reports for any injuries or disturbances that occur during an athletic event.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Division III philosophy
- Direct the strength, conditioning, and skill training of the student-athletes in the program
- Coordinate and supervise assistant coaches and work-studies
- Maintain close communications with the Athletic Director, Athletic Coordinator and/or Dean of Students to relay important information in a timely manner.
- Excellence in on-court teaching and player development
- Maintain a program compliant with the NJCAA guidelines
- Fundraise for the program in conjunction with the department & NJCAA guidelines
- Responsible for the distribution and collection of team uniforms prior to and after the volleyball season
- Provide updates on scores and stats to the Athletic Department Coordinator in a timely manner to ensure accuracy to the Manor College website.
- Ability to drive Manor vans to transport players to away games. Ensuring the safety of the athletes by obeying all driving laws.
- Responsible for providing proper disciplinary measures for player infractions during practices, games, or on campus.
- Provide all players with a written set of team rules on proper behavior and conduct as representatives of Manor College.
- Represent Manor College and the Women’s Volleyball program in a professional manner at Open House, Alumni or civic events consistent with the our Catholic Basilian Mission
- Ability and willingness to travel, work nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years coaching at the high school, collegiate, and/or club level is required
- Highly effective recruiting skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Dynamic leadership and motivational abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge of the NJCAA rules and regulations
- An understanding of the Division III student-athlete philosophy is required
- Must have valid drivers license
- Ability to work effectively with diverse population including students, administrators, faculty and alumni
To Apply: Please submit your resume with references to email@example.com
Manor College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.