Manor College is looking for a full-time Public Safety Officer (Night Shift 11pm -7am)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrols assigned areas and checks building security; opens campus buildings and closes and secures buildings as appropriate in accordance with the campus operating schedule.
- Greets and checks in dorm residents, visitors, vendors and others at Public Safety office. Verifies appropriateness with requested individual.
- Monitors campus security cameras and makes proper, timely notifications.
- Provides emergency responses or notification in emergencies such as fire, crime, safety incidents, etc. Reports to immediate supervisor, in writing on appropriate forms, all safety and security incidents.
- Provides escorts to various campus locations as assigned.
- Directs traffic and parking into and on campus parking areas, as required.
- May assist local agencies, such as Police, Fire, etc. during campus emergencies, as requested.
- Maintains conditions under control and peaceful during emergency periods in accordance with established practice and procedure.
- Reports conditions that may endanger the safety of campus employees, students, visitors and/or assets in or on campus locations.
- Assists supervisors in campus safety investigations as assigned.
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission.
- Prepares reports accurately and objectively detailing incidents on campus.
- Interact with local and state police officials.
- Performs light maintenance or setup for events on duty as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (light maintenance).
- Must have current PA Act 235 and/or Act 120 Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a law enforcement, security, first responder or military setting.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed, including weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.