Manor College has a Full-Time Opening for a Public Safety Manager. The Public Safety Manager is responsible for establishing campus safety and security programs as well as fire prevention. This position is also responsible for supervision of the department’s staff and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Public Safety Department to ensure the safety, security and protection of students, staff, faculty, and visitors of Manor College and the facilities and property within its campus. Ensuring that all guidelines are clearly identified and students and faculty are aware and knowledgeable of the proper procedures. Reports are accurate and submitted in a timely fashion. The Public Safety Manager should have knowledge/experience in campus security procedures, law and law enforcement and the ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations. He/she should be sensitive to the academic community and have the ability to interact diplomatically with the college community.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Coordinate the daily operations of the Public Safety Department to ensure that the delivery of timely and high quality services is provided for all individuals and departments of the College, and that proper procedures and protocols are followed at all times.
- Recruit, train and direct security personnel. Supervise the department’s staff; assigns duties and responsibilities, ensures proper training, evaluates performance, provides staff commendations and performs corrective measures as needed.
- Establish and implement a campus safety and security program
- Establish and implement a fire prevention/safety program
- Act as chair to Manor’s Safety Committee as well as attend all Safety and WC meetings
- Maintain accurate and current records of all incidents
- Ensure record files are current and constantly updated
- Update and maintain the campus safety and security manual/handbook
- Prepare work schedules to ensure adequate staffing coverage.
- In the event of a call out, the manager is responsible for finding coverage.
- Respond to the needs of the department, on an on-call-basis, being able to respond at any time during the day or night in the event of an emergency
- Work with Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs on developing and implementing security budget
- Maintain an orderly security office
- Review the daily log book and ensure it is maintained on a current basis and ensure follow-up action.
- Ensure that all staff uniforms and equipment are properly maintained
- Monitor accurate use of daily patrol logs
- Submit work orders as needed
- Maintain a working relationship with the Residence Coordinator and provide assistance as necessary in matters relating to Clery Laws and accountability documentation
- Work with the Manager of Compliance on Clery documents and ensure reporting is done annually
- Issue ID’s to students, faculty and staff, maintaining current database
- Maintain records of all keys for college
- Follow policy and procedures should a student not log in for a period of 24 hours or longer.
- Other duties as assigned
Criteria & Qualifications
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- Police or Military experience preferred
- Must be able to move and lift at least 20lbs unassisted
- Act 120 or 235 certification preferred
- Must be able to respond quickly, calmly and professionally to a variety of emergency situations
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of sitting, standing and walking
- Must be highly organized and team oriented
- Must complete and maintain certifications in AED, CPR and First Aid, NIMS and any other training that may be required for employment in security
- Must be able to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of police, military or rescue procedures a plus
To Apply: Please submit resume with salary requirements and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org