Manor College’s Program of Veterinary Technology has an opening for a part-time instructor.
Length of Responsibilities: 12 months, part-time
- Master’s Degree or higher
- CVT, VMD/DVM or CVPM
- Employment experience in veterinary practice management
- Clinical experience with large animals and/or exotic species
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to stay calm and focused in a hectic academic setting and busy office.
- Veterinary practice management, personnel management
- No less than 3-years of clinical practice
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and veterinary practice management software such as Infinity and Avimark
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Ability to successfully work with diverse personality types
- Ability to work independently and create new curricula, course materials and design lesson plans.
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Must possess solution-focused problem solving skills
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Member of AAHA, Veterinary Hospital Managers Association
- Knowledge of:
- Public and environmental health including zoonoses
- OSHA regulations
- Employment law
- Fear-free veterinary practice methods.
- Experience with personnel management, financials, quality control and Inventory control
Teaching: Teach at least 12 credits of Veterinary Technology courses per semester