Part- Time (on call) Security Officers
Provide personal and property security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors while on campus by patrolling areas and enforcing the colleges rules and safety regulations.
Part-Time, as needed
- Investigate any suspicious person(s), activity or any other unusual event that may occur on Campus. Officer will contact 911 if the incident necessitates Law Enforcement Intervention. Officers will not place their safety in jeopardy.
- Complete an incident report involving the following: confrontations with students, visitors, theft, alarms, fire, medical emergency and any other unusual event. Incident reports must be completed and forwarded to the Security Information Officer before his/her shift is completed.
- As a Security Information Officer you are considered a Campus Security Authority (CSA). A Campus Security Authority is responsible to report Clery Act crimes to the Security Information Officer.
- Upon arriving for duty, will report to Security Office and familiarize themselves with all current orders, memorandums, daily log book and additional information. The Officer on duty will inform the arriving Officer of any problems, guests and other significant information.
- Follow all emergency procedures set forth by the Assistant Director of Security.
- Review and understand Fire emergencies procedures
- Fire Drills
- Resetting Alarm (all building)
- Checking alarm panel
- Fire emergencies (all buildings)
- Other monthly inspections may be required if you are a Co-Coordinator of Fire Safety Hazards, including, but not limited to completing a checklist and if needed a Notice of Fire Hazard report will be completed and forwarded to the Security Information Officer. If there is a direct danger, immediately contact the Assistant Director of Security as well as the Supervisor of the Maintenance Department.
- Know and carry out a specific procedure if there is a request for a door to be unlocked after normal morning procedures have been completed.
- Obligations to Manor College
- Basketball Games
- Open Houses
- Any scheduled social events
- During patrols, check appliances (coffee pots, air conditioners, etc.) in all three buildings. This room does not include dorm rooms.
- Must be at least 25 years of age at time of application.
- Must be a high school graduate, or have GED equivalent.
- Must have prior job experience in Security, Police, or military service fields.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally, and in writing.
- Must possess good problem solving skills & the ability to work efficiently & independently.
- Must complete and maintain certifications in AED, CPR and First Aid and any other training that may be required. Copies of your certification will be kept in your file.
- Must have no criminal record or child abuse history.
- Must be in good overall physical condition, with good eyesight, hearing and the ability to move at least 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to follow and enforce all Security Department policies and procedures, also will be required to respond quickly, calmly and professionally to a variety of emergencies.
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of sitting, standing, walking and frequent stair climbing.
- Must be able to report on time for your assigned shift.
- Must complete any and all incident reports or paperwork by the end of your assigned shift.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org