Business, Technology, and Legal Studies Part-time Instructor Positions
The Business, Technology, and Legal Studies Division of Manor College has an opening for three Part-time Instructors.
- Teaching assigned courses in your specialized area of study. The courses (4 Fall Semester/4 Spring Semester) will be in accordance with the College schedule- can be day, evening or online.
- Organizing each course on the Manor College Learning Management System-CANVAS into an effective instrument of learning according to divisional guidelines. You will be required to attend instruction regarding Canvas when needed or required.
- Recording daily class attendance and reporting attendance verification as requested.
- Planning each module, both as to content, method and deliver, to make each class interactive and meaningful to the students.
- Studying and utilizing the college instructional support service in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations.
- Maximizing the learning opportunities for each student.
- Promote and uphold the college’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Continually research and suggest innovated curriculum and student learning opportunities.
- Keeping informed of current trends and new approaches to instruction in this area.
- Keeping students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and evaluation of each student’s work.
- Completion and recording of midterm and final grades on time when due.
- Referring to Learning Center students who are in need of tutoring.
- Becoming thoroughly familiar with all College policies and procedures via professional development and review of Faculty handbooks.
- Ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Holding the final exam at the time scheduled in the College’s Semester Class Schedule.
- Striving for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the College including performing all assessments as required.
- Assuming other professional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or Division Chair.
- Master’s Degree or Higher in area of teaching.
- Certifications or licenses must be valid and current.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
If you meet the required qualifications for this position. A completed application packet consists of:
- A completed Manor College Application for Employment,
- A current resume or cv;
- Copy of transcript(s) verifying required degree/certification.
Please send the complete application packet to:
Dr. Marc Minnick, Division Chair
c/o Mrs. Sheila Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA, 19046.
In accordance with Manor College policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.