Manor College is looking for a Part-Time (approximately 20 hours/week) Events Coordinator.
The Events Coordinator ensures the proper scheduling and billing of special events and rental spaces at Manor College. This is a part-time position that has regular exposure with college partners and members of the community and is expected to represent Manor in an upstanding and professional manner. This position is also responsible for promoting the available rental spaces and event planning/management activities that are intended to build the Manor College brand and reputation as a premier meeting and event location in the greater Jenkintown area.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Schedules a variety of internal and external events.
- Coordinates on-site execution of various internal programs, such as the annual holiday party, Founders Day, Commencement, Ukrainian Dialogues, speaker and presenter series, and other institutional events and programs.
- Coordinates details of recurring and special events to ensure events run smoothly and are properly insured when hosting an outside group.
- Keeps the Manor College Campus master calendar organized and updated
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Physical Plant for payment processing and maintenance set up and breakdown needs.
- Researches and works with potential clients to ensure positive collaboration.
- Gives tours to potential clients and is an expert on the Manor College campus and spaces
- Prepares and presents bids for meetings and conferences to potential clients.
- Drafts contracts for external clients.
- Act as main point of contact with external partners and serve as the Manor representative during clients events.
- Participates in other department and college activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Promotes and upholds the college’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission.
Criteria & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications, client relations, scheduling, or community engagement role
- Experience planning special events in a corporate or higher education environment
- Associate Degree Required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Proven technology skills, including Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Learning Management Systems; experience with School Dude a plus
- Excellent communication, collaborative, organizational, and planning skills.
- Work Week: approximately 20 hours (some weeks may be heavier, some lighter)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with early morning, evening, and weekend availability as needed
To Apply: Please submit your resume with cover letter and hourly salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org