Manor College is looking for a Part-time Basileiad Library Assistant.
The Assistant to the Basileiad Library serves as support and a point of contact for library users, faculty, staff, students, and others to provide expert research information literacy assistance. Assists in managing Manor’s electronic information content including library subject research guides and is responsible for maintenance of electronic resources including eBooks, databases, EZProxy functionality, catalog, and OPAC. Helps in data gathering (i.e. statistical access information) from electronic resources. Performs one-off bibliographic literacy instruction through online and in-person consultation or through subject research guides, information sessions, and tutorials and/or collaboration with faculty. Oversees the Ukrainian Archives and Collections. Works closely with the Head Librarian to provide timely library services and adheres to academic library best-practices and professional expectations.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Provides reference services to Manor College students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides academic support in the form of one-on-one information literacy instruction to students or in a classroom setting
- Assists in managing and maintaining the Basileiad Library’s electronic resources in the form of eBooks, databases, catalog, and OPAC
- Explores new electronic products and services. Works with vendors as needed
- Edits and updates library subject guides using Springshare’s LibGuides software
- Provides faculty outreach as subject liaison
- Catalogs new materials as needed; processes new materials as needed
- Assists with collection development
- Edits and updates the library website
- Troubleshoots and provides software support to students using library technology
- Engage in “First Year Experience” teaching content
- Perform professional development by attending conferences, workshops, library association meetings and by other means
- Serve on college committees
- Participate in college activities
Criteria & Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree
- At least 1 year experience in an academic library setting, such as a Graduate Library School Student
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Google and data entry; general office experience including copying; scanning
- Excellent attendance and punctuality; friendly, customer service-oriented attitude; pleasant and positive telephone skills; patience with repetitive questions; ability to multi-task and work with interruptions; ability to work efficiently, be detail-oriented, and organized with minimum supervision are required
- Preferred ability to perform “on the spot” translations from Ukrainian to English and visa-a-versa
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit your resume with 3 references to email@example.com.