Full-Time Maintenance and Landscaping Associate
The Maintenance and Landscaping Associate is responsible for performing general maintenance and landscaping to all buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Respond timely to work order requests from Manor College personnel
- Correct minor plumbing and drainage problems reported within 24-hours.
- Complete scheduled, minor carpentry and glass repair/replacement problems on a timely basis.
- Painting and touch up work as scheduleded
Cut lawn that encompasses Manor College grounds, including soccer field.
- Bushes, shrubs, flowers should be neat and free of weeds.
- Remove leaves.
- Ensure asphalt markings are distinct.
- Remove snow and/or ice from front entrance and sidewalks and salt in a timely manner.
- Pick up trash and recycling which includes: all outside trash cans, bus stop area, dorm building inside and out, Library, Dental facility and Academic Building.
- Perform preventive maintenance; i.e., change spark plugs, grease, complete oil changes.
- Complete any minor repairs.
- In summary: Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition.
- Perform Major Maintenance Projects as Required and Scheduled by the Maintenance Supervisor; i.e., painting, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
- Set up for special activities which includes (chairs, tables, floor covering for gym, podium stand and decorations
Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission.
Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, in the case of special needs, hours and responsibilities will be adjusted
Criteria & Qualifications
- Capable of a high level of physical activity, including regular lifting of 25 to 100 pounds
- Basic mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
- Ability to maintain a good, steady work pace
- Takes pride in workmanship
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule in the event of an emergency.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org