Manor College has an opening for a part-time Event & Community Relations Coordinator.
The Event & Community Relations Coordinator ensures the proper scheduling and billing of special events and rental spaces at Manor College. This is a part-time that has regular exposure with college partners, local government officials and members of the community and is expected to represent Manor College in an upstanding and professional manner. This position is also responsible for promoting the available rental spaces and event planning/management activities that are intended to build the Manor College brand and reputation as a premier meeting and event location in the greater Jenkintown area.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Work closely with the Office of Marketing Communications to create marketing collateral pieces and ensure that information posted on manor.edu about rental spaces is accurate and concise.
- Researches and works with potential clients to ensure positive collaboration.
- Prepares and presents bids for meetings and conferences to potential clients.
- Gives tours to potential clients and is an expert on the Manor College campus and spaces
- Responsible for scheduling a variety of internal and external events.
- Drafts contracts for external clients.
- Coordinate details of recurring and special events to ensure events run smoothly and are properly insured when hosting an outside group.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Physical Plant for payment processing and maintenance set up and breakdown needs.
- Assist in keeping the Manor College Campus master calendar organized and updated
- Act as main point of contact with external partners and serve as the Manor representative during clients events.
- Coordinating on-site execution of various internal programs, such as the annual holiday party, Founders Day, Commencement, Ukrainian Dialogues, speaker and presenter series, and other institutional events and programs.
- Participate in other department and college activities as needed.
- Promote and uphold the college’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Criteria & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications, client relations, scheduling or community engagement role.
- Direct experience planning special events in a corporate or higher education environment is required.
- Associate Degree Required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Certified Meeting Planner designation preferred
- Proven technology skills including Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Learning Management Systems
- Excellent communication, collaborative, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with early morning, evening, and weekend availability as needed
To apply: Please submit resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org