Manor College is looking for a full-time Donor Relations Officer.
The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for the overall management of the individual major gift program, and is charged with managing relationships and securing support from alumni and friends of the College who are capable of making gifts of $2,500 or more. The Officer will manage a portfolio of prospective donors, personally managing their cultivation and solicitation as should occur in partnership with the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, the Board of Trustees and the President of the College.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Working with the President, Board of Trustees and Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, to identify, qualify and cultivate prospective donors using best practices in cultivating gift development.
- Assist Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement to provide staff support to committees of the Board of Trustees related to implementation of campaigns and appeals.
- Develop strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including determining ongoing relationships with prospects/donors, recommending specific purposes and level of gift, identifying those to be involved cultivation and subsequent solicitation including the President of the College and Board of Trustees to assure that solicitation are carried out to cultivate long-term relationships with College constituents within and beyond the Campaign Period.
- Work with the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement on planned communications vehicles (e.g., mail, presentations, social media, e-mail/web based communications and supporting collateral materials) as appropriate to individual major gifts strategies, or develop new interaction vehicles, with Institutional Advancement staff if necessary and within budget.
- Plan and implement an appropriate recognition and stewardship program for the individual major gift donors.
- Manage research, strategy reports, presentation materials, and campaign reports for the major gift program.
- Participate in professional advancement & continuing education to keep abreast of major gift fundraising trends.
- Ensure consistent and timely communication with Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, and College President regarding prospect and donor contact and activity.
- Assist with all development fundraising events.
- Assist the College with finding and applying for corporate/foundation grant proposals
- Promote and uphold the college’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effectiveness of donor cultivation activities to secure gifts ($2.5K or above)
- Success in meeting annual fundraising, prospect visits/contacts, and donation goals.
- Success in working with the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, the President and volunteers to increase major gifts according to predetermined annual goals, applying best practices in major gift development.
- Quality of oral and written communications in building relationships with donors and prospects.
- Applies fiscal responsibility of containing spending within budget and ensuring ambitious development revenues over expenses.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A congenial can-do attitude.
- Ability to engage others persuasively even when the conversation poses challenges.
- A sense of humor and ability to relate to others well.
- Successful individual fundraising experience.
- A strong, proven record of closing five and six figure gifts.
- Ability to travel on your own
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a personal automobile available for use.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications.
- Proficient in internet research and database use
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and motivate people to make gifts in support of a specific priority; able to develop high-quality relationships with a variety of constituencies.
- Strong sense of responsibility for achieving personal fundraising goals.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information, and to exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work as a self-starter
To Apply: Please submit your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.