Manor College has an opening for a part-time Director of Health Services. This position works 29 hours per week during the Academic year, (Mid–August through the end of May).
The Manor College Director of Health Services will provide primary and urgent care to students. In addition to providing ongoing care, the Director will also actively promote health-centered education regarding life-long health practices and prevention and collaborate with other divisions of the College including Student Affairs and Academic Affairs. The Director will be responsible for after-hours on-call telephone consultation when the Health Services Office is closed and occasional coverage on evenings and weekends as required by College events.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Complete and maintain all documentation related to medical emergencies/health related incidents of all Manor College Community, with special attention to residential students.
- Review, process, and maintain all student records kept on file including contact with doctors, hospitals, etc., as needed to maintain accurate information at all times.
- Maintain all Standing Orders for the College.
- Monitor and maintain all relevant local and state regulations to ensure that the College and Health Services Office stays in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Maintain current electronic student records in CAMS.
- Maintain an orderly, student centered, Health Services Office that practices current nursing methodologies and integrates technology.
- Evaluate patient problems in the medical outpatient clinic and maintain confidentiality in the delivery of patient care and record keeping.
- Initiate the nursing process, assess and initiate the intervention of treatment, health teaching, counseling and/or referral for any Manor College Community member seeking care for illness or injury.
- Maintain and coordinate relevant and proper health care coverage, especially during peak hours when students are on campus. Special focus will be required in providing coverage during scheduled labs.
- Maintain First Aid Supply Boxes.
- Provide ongoing outreach and workshops to the Manor College Community promoting Health and Healthy lifestyle.
- Provide on-call services when the Health Services Office is closed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must hold current state certification as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Proven technology skills including Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Learning Management Systems.
- Excellent communication, collaborative, organizational and planning skills.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com