Manor College in Jenkintown, PA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Dean of Business and Professional Studies.
The Dean will serve as a member of the Academic Affairs Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.Dean Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise division department chairs, program directors, faculty, and staff, including hiring, retention, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee hiring of new faculty and staff and present recommendations to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs for approval.
- Manage student related academic concerns, grade appeals and grievances and prepare recommendation for final review and approval from the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Manage division budgets, spending, and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts for the development of contemporary and innovative learning experiences and curricula.
- Keep faculty and the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs informed about important issues concerning the division.
- Oversee academic advising within the Division.
- Coordinate program tracking and advising forms from program directors and collect program assessment data as required.
- Assist the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs in development/review of curriculum advising guidelines and academic policies and procedures.
- Assist the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs in review and analysis of student learning outcomes and college-wide outcomes assessment.
- Attend meetings and committees as directed by the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Perform faculty duties as directed by the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Demonstrate commitment to promotion of diversity and inclusion across the institution.
- Promote and uphold the college’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission.
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Doctorate in an academic discipline with in the division required.
- Previous academic administrative experience at the Chairperson level or higher preferred.
- Minimum three years college teaching experience.
- Experience effectively communicating with various constituents including students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, trustees, and donors.
- Experience with Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Learning Management Systems.
- Excellent communication, collaborative, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and success in creating positive, transformational opportunities for students.
Manor College is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in Higher Education are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status
Please send a CV, three references, and a cover letter to the following person if you are interested in applying for this position: Mrs. Sheila Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Assistant to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs, Manor College, 700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA, 19046.
The successful candidate, upon completing the interview process and being approved by the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs, must complete an official application of employment, submit official copies of all collegiate transcripts, and submit the following clearances: FBI Clearance, a PA Criminal Background Check, and PA Child Abuse Clearance.