Manor College is looking for an Assistant Coach of Women’s Basketball. This is a part-time position (Athletic Season Schedule).
The Assistant Coach of Women’s Basketball is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Women’s Basketball program, such as recruiting (specifically in the Philadelphia and the surrounding areas), scheduling opponents, training, coaching team members, setting up pre-game and breaking down post-game, maintaining the cleanliness of the gym before and after games and practices. He/She will represent Manor College and the women’s basketball program in a professional manner and abide by the rules and regulations established by Manor College, the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the NCAA. He/She will also support the Director of Athletics with the implementation of the athletic program and mentoring of student athletes.
Qualifications: Should have prior coaching experience in athletics at the collegiate level, and a high degree of commitment to the student-athletes of Manor College. A coach should be highly organized, able to maintain accurate records and have good interpersonal communication skills. A coach should possess the ability to motivate players through positive reinforcement, maintain healthy team morale, and instill the principles of discipline and good sportsmanship into their teams.
Work Schedule: Days and hours worked are flexible, providing that you devote enough time to your position to ensure that all responsibilities are being fulfilled in a timely manner.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Actively recruit all student athletes for your team. Coaches should be present at all Open House events and other events as assigned to answer questions about the program and recruit potential players.
- Schedule and conduct all team practices.
- Must ensure that all preparations have been made for games.
- Complete Incident Reports for any injuries or disturbances that occur during an athletic event. These should be forwarded to the Athletic Director and the Dean of Students.
- Maintain close communications with the Athletic Director and relay all important information in a timely manner.
- Must direct all requests for team uniforms or equipment to the Athletic Director in a timely manner
- Ensure that your student athletes are not left unsupervised before, during or after all games and practices.
- Attend meetings at the request of the Athletic Director or Dean of Students.
- Must ensure that all student athletes on your team complete and submit all required paperwork prior to the start of practices.
- Distribute team uniforms prior to the start of the regular season and then perform an inventory at the end of the season to catalog all uniforms and equipment. Coaches are responsible for ensuring that all uniforms are returned to the athletic department and the end of the season of competition.
- Keep your players informed of information regarding practices, schedule changes, game times, departure time, and roster changes.
- Provide all players with a written set of team rules on proper behavior and conduct as representatives of Manor College. You should also provide the Dean of Students with a copy of these same written rules.
- Ensure that all team members are wearing proper uniform attire and conduct themselves during games and travel in a manner befitting of Manor College.
- Provide updates on scores and stats to the Athletic Department Coordinator in a timely manner so updates can be made to the Manor College website.
- Coaches need to drive the vans to transport players to away games. As such, they are responsible for the safety of the athletes and must obey all driving laws.
- Monitor student-athlete progress and encourage academic excellence through the supervision of study halls, or arranging for tutoring in the Learning Center.
- Coaches oversee all athletic department work studies and are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the timesheets. The coach is also responsible for signing the time sheets for their work-studies.
- Responsible for providing proper disciplinary measures for player infractions during practices, games, or on campus.
- Knowledge and understanding of FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act)
- Promote and uphold Manor College’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Other duties as assigned
To Apply: Please submit your resume with cover letter to email@example.com