Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the strategic engagement of alumni, students, faculty & staff, parents, and friends of Manor College in meaningful ways through digital and in-person programming. This includes responsibility for the strategic planning and implementation of effective alumni board management, special events and projects, communication plans, alumni outreach programs that engage alumni and strengthen their connection with Manor College. Successful candidates must be able to communicate, interact and organize effectively in order to build mutually beneficial relationships between alumni and Manor College. Additionally, the Coordinator will be responsible for contributing to digital media platforms to further the alumni & volunteer engagement experience.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Manage the Alumni Engagement function to ensure that it is operating in an efficient manner to advance the College’s goals and objectives, as well as the strategic direction of the Alumni Association.
- Recruit key volunteers and organizes volunteer activities
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni via volunteer opportunities, events, direct contact, phone, email, social media, and electronic and print publications
- Develop an annual plan outlining the goals and objectives of the alumni relations program aimed at maximizing alumni interest in and involvement with the College and its various entities, in accordance with the College’s strategic and operating plans
- Work with Admissions and Student Life to develop activities that will ensure student involvement with the Alumni Association before graduation.
- Support the Manor College Alumni Association’s efforts to increase Alumni involvement and participation in social, volunteer and philanthropic activities
- Serve as principal College liaison with the Alumni Association, providing leadership and support for the Alumni Association that includes the recruitment of new members, defining responsibilities, creating job descriptions, planning meetings, and enhancing the visibility of the Alumni Association.
- Assist in development and execution of philanthropic and alumni events
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc., including maintaining compliance and confidentiality for the College and its constituents.
- Some local travel possible (less than 20%)
- Promote and uphold the College’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission
- Other duties as assigned
Criteria & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to five years of directly applicable fundraising, alumni relations, and/or marketing experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to engage various constituents
- Experience managing direct mail, social media, and email campaigns
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and move constituents through a prospect pipeline
- Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments, units, and platforms
- Telephone marketing, event management, and solicitation experience preferred
To Apply: Please submit resume with salary requirements to email@example.com