Manor College in Jenkintown has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant for our Dental Health Center, EFDA and HYGIENE Department.
Reports To: EFDA Program Director, Dental Hygiene Program Director, Dental Health Center Director
Classification: Regular-Part-Time (4 days per week) Follows Staff Calendar
(Must be on campus: last 2 weeks of August; 2nd week of January and during finals week)
Provide secretarial services for MDHC, EFDA and Dental Hygiene daily activities, ensuring that all work is done accurately and in a timely fashion. This position requires a quick learner who has strong attention to detail.
- Compose, type, proofread and copy correspondence, memos and reports ensuring they are distributed properly.
- Typing must be accurate and at speed of minimum 60 wpm.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Become well versed in the routine policies/procedures related to our clinics.
- Relay information to current and prospective customers/students/staff as needed
- Computerize, build, maintain, update and distribute mailing lists (i.e.), dentists, faculty, graduates and patients, ensuring lists are always current and available.
- Retrieve daily mail and distribute to faculty mailboxes
- Assemble and mail bulk mailings to graduates, dentists and patients
- Receive, copy and file instructional material (course syllabi and exams) for faculty in all departments ensuring that instructional material is always available if needed.
- As needed, assist at DHC front desk providing quality service to patients when needed.
- Maintain EFDA & Hygiene students’ Medical Documentation Records, including staff.
- Request, receive, record and update all necessary medical documents for each student in EFDA and Hygiene Programs and staff
- Assist Program Directors with Graduate Survey phone calls and data compilation.
- Make copies as needed and maintain supplies and stock
- Maintain and organize databases and print documents; Slate, CAMS, etc.
- Email work order and IT requests as necessary
- Filing as needed
- Keep copier and office supplies stocked
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission
- Other duties as assigned
These are in addition to the administrative assistant’s general duties:
Accreditation: Support Staff required under Standard 3 for both programs**
- Maintain Records for: Course Pass/Fail, curriculum Management Program Outcomes, Enrollment Data report, Attrition/Retention, Guest Speaker Reports, Community Projects Report, Faculty Continuing Education Report, Licensure/Professional documents, Faculty Medical Records.
- Maintain records of all Professional Board Results (3 Hygiene, 3 EFDA)
- Maintain inventory for program
- Create tables, graphs, charts and exhibits with information provided by program director.
- Attend/Record Department meetings
- Attend/Record Division meetings
- Advisory Board: Attend annual Advisory Board Meeting and record minutes. Also responsible for all aspects of preparing for this annual meeting, including scheduling, contact with members, gathering and copying of meeting handouts and catering arrangements.
- Final minutes of all meetings are distributed to participants and posted on Canvas within 3-5 days of meeting.
- Clinical: Prepare and distribute Faculty and Student evaluation forms for completion; collect, tally results and submit to program director.
- Patient: Survey of patient experience collected and summarized, then submit to program director.
- Alumni Surveys: Prepare, mail and then summarize responses; submit to program director.
- Employer Surveys: Prepare, mail and then summarize responses; submit to program director.
Maintain Files: Maintain files on potential students, new students and current students. Maintain personal files on staff; maintain EFDA and DH student clinical file cabinets (making copies of competencies as necessary).
Xray Badges: For the EFDA and DH programs. Maintain contact with Mirion Technologies for ordering new badges, deactivating and billing.
Clinical Handbooks: Maintain and revise in conjunction with clinical coordinators. Help maintain compliance with OSHA manual.
Schedules: Maintain student schedules and classroom schedules; assist faculty with semester schedules and forward to Admin to VPAA.
Chart Audits: Prepare summaries based on student’s findings.
Local Anesthesia Course: Assist DH Clinic Coordinator with gathering forms, documents and payments for this semi-annual course offering. Contact with participants.
Purchases: Use Manor Amazon/Staples account to secure supplies for staff as necessary.
Book Orders: Process book orders with Manor supplier each semester.
Syllabi: Collect faculty syllabi each semester and forward to Admin to VPAA.
Pinning: Assist with prep and planning; communicate with students, vendors, etc.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Google docs
- Minimum 3 year of experience as a secretary/administrative assistant
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to work efficiently and be detail-oriented.
- Must have a professional phone manner and good interpersonal skills Friendly, customer service-oriented, pleasant and positive telephone skills; patience with repetitive questions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be reliable
Please submit your application, resume with salary requirements, and 3 references to Mrs. Sheila Gillespie (email@example.com).
Background check and clearances required for position.