Earning a certificate in a career-oriented program is an excellent way to get the knowledge you need quickly in order to succeed in that particular field. Academic certificates prepare students for a variety of opportunities, including workplace preparation.
The certiﬁcate programs in Paralegal Studies (Post-Baccalaureate) and Expanded Functions Dental Assistant(EFDA) are designed to prepare students for occupational competency within a relatively short period of study. Certain prerequisites are required for the advanced courses.
All coursework transfers seamlessly into the College’s associate’s degree programs. Credits earned in a Certiﬁcate or Diploma program may be supplemented by additional study and applied toward an Associate Degree.
The College offers the following academic certificates:
- Evening EFDA Certification
- Post-Baccalaureate Paralegal Certificate
- Information Systems and Technology Workforce Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
Requirements for the Certificate:
- Complete 24-30 semester hours of work, as required by the individual program.*
- Complete the specific course requirement in the student’s area of specialization.
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0.
- Maintain a 2.0 average in the area of concentration.
- Meet all financial obligations to the college.
The student is responsible to contact the Financial Aid Office for an exit interview if they have Federal Perkins or Federal Direct Loans.