Classes resume in a Hy-Flex model (in-person, hybrid in-person/online, or fully remote). All students will receive a new and customized schedule from the Office of Academic Affairs by August 1, 2020 that further explains when students should be on campus and in-class, versus online for instruction. New technology in the classrooms will allow classes to be synchronously delivered to students not attending and will also be recorded and saved in Canvas for later viewing. Seating in classrooms and labs will be spaced according to CDC guidelines.
Procedures when in-class
- Each person entering a classroom or lab must wear a mask. No one will be permitted into the classroom or lab without a mask.
- Hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes will be available in each classroom and lab.
- Before and after each class, students and faculty members will wipe down their space and clean their hands with college-provided cleaning products.
- Windows to classrooms will be opened and remain open all day (weather permitting).
- Classroom doors remain open while class is in session, but will be locked after each class by the instructor.
- Classrooms and Labs will be sanitized and disinfected each night by the janitorial staff.
Academic Support Services such as the Learning Center and the Basilieaid Library will be open and will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Social distancing signage and safety guides will be installed and must be adhered to.
- The Basileaid Library will be open
- Monday & Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Closed on the weekends.
- Tutoring and the Learning Center services will be available by appointment only and will comply with all CDC social distancing and safety guidelines. Virtual tutoring and online services will also remain available and encouraged.
- The Learning Center activities will temporarily relocate to the Basileaid Library.
- For questions about the Learning Center and Tutoring Services, please content Elinore Leonards at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 267- 627-4347.