Manor College is thrilled to welcome students, faculty, and staff back to campus for the Fall of 2020. COVID-19 has presented serious challenges that we are working diligently to mitigate. We have missed seeing our campus buzzing with students, filled classrooms and feeling the energy that our close-knit campus brings. Before we return to campus, it is vital that we all understand how the College has prepared to return, and how students, faculty and staff are expected to accountably participate in order to protect the health and safety of our entire community.
The below outlines the plan and protocols that all members of the Manor community will follow to ensure the guidance from the state, Montgomery County, and recognized public health experts and institutions, in the green phase for Montgomery County at the beginning of the Fall semester. As the COVID-19 pandemic develops, guidance from public health authorities and the CDC are likely to change. The College will endeavor to follow the most up to date information on maintaining workplace safety. We will work with students and staff to address all concerns. While this plan is focused on the opening procedures for the campus, Manor College will move classes, services and all campus operations online any time where the risk of COVID-19 appears to be rising precipitously.
Together, we can ensure that our campus remains safer by consistently following the advice and guidelines provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Montgomery County, PA in Green Phase:
All individuals on the College campus will practice the following hygiene and safety protocols:
- Wearing masks and/or face covering while inside any building on campus. One disposable mask per month will be provided by the College, but students are encouraged to provide their own masks. Masks that cover both nose and mouth are acceptable.
- Frequently sanitizing hands by washing for 20 seconds, and/or using sanitizing wipes, and/or hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations will be provided in every classroom, lab and office.
- Practice safe and smart social and physical distancing, meaning staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from others.
- Adhering to signage directives on how to navigate buildings (e.g. in certain stairways and/or hallways may be on directional).
- All persons on campus (students, faculty, staff, etc.) will be required to wear their Identification Card (ID) on their person at all times for attendance and contact tracing purposes.
- Reporting immediately any health issues that may indicate exposure to and/or illness from COVID-19 to the Montgomery County Health Department and Manor College Health Services.
- Responding reasonably to College requests for information that can assist in identifying individuals who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Adhering to quarantine guidelines and practices as directed by the College and CDC.