Manor College is seeking a part-time Dental Hygienist to provide clinical care to patients in Manor College’s Dental Health Center.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Report 15 minutes prior to scheduled 3 hour clinical rotations and remain on the clinical floor until assigned patients are dismissed.
- Review and update all patient medical histories, including but not limited to, positives on health conditions and current medications, supplements and herbal medications. Information of unfamiliar medications will be researched via the internet. A new written health history should be completed every 2 years by the patient.
- Follow and maintain asepsis to provide patient and operator safety including wearing appropriate PPE (lab jacket, goggles/loops (Øself provided), mask and gloves) which is provided by the dental center.
- Complete all clinical notations in the Dentrix patient chart utilizing the template format including any necessary additional comments or notations. A brief notation will be made on the paper chart until otherwise notified.
- During downtime the dental hygienist will clean and stock cabinets, assemble set ups, and sharpen instruments when necessary.
- Attend DHC staff meetings each semester
- Responsible for the following duties that may be performed during a re-care or scaling /root planning appointment.
- Intraoral and Extraoral examination
- Periodontal Examination and updates including periodontal charting
- Fluoride varnish application
- Patient education appropriate to individual patient needs
- Scaling and root planing
- Local irrigation utilizing Chlorhexidine rinse
- Arestin Placement
- Local anesthesia is trained and licensed
- Application of pit and fissure sealants
- Establish appropriate re-care intervals to meet individual patient needs
Criteria & Qualifications
- PA Dental Hygiene license and registration
- Healthcare Provider level CPR
- PA Local Anesthetic license if trained and administering anesthesia at the dental center
- Mandated Child Abuse Clearance certification
- Up to date Radiology CE
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage projects and multi-task
To Apply: Please submit CV and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.