Prepared for US
Students come to Manor College from down the street and around the world, from the East Coast to Eastern Europe, and from West Philadelphia to West Africa.
While located in the suburban Philadelphia borough of Jenkintown, we continue to attract global interest based on:
- Success in preparing students to enter career fields
- Academic programming that prepares students for successful transfer to four-year institutions, most often for completion of a bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional private college educational value
- The Basilian tradition of education; one that helps students develop into mature citizens able to integrate the intellectual and spiritual dimensions of their lives
- And sports, too, with intercollegiate athletic programs in men’s and women’s soccer and basketball, as part of the National Junior College Athletic Association
Manor College is authorized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) for non-immigrant (F-1) student status to foreign students who meet admissions requirements.
Checklist for success
International students must submit the following information when applying for admission:
- Online admissions application
- Original and translated official high school or college transcripts
- Declaration and Certification of Finances or USCIS Form I-134 Affidavit of Support to demonstrate sufficient financial support while studying in the U.S.
What happens next?
- If your application is approved by the Admissions Committee, we will send an acceptance letter, student medical form, and deposit form.
- Upon receipt of a $100 US tuition deposit and, if applicable, an additional $100 dorm deposit, we will send a completed Form I-20 and return the original Declaration and Certification of Finances (Affidavit of Support), signed and validated by Manor College.
- Information regarding class dates, orientation, advising, and registration will follow soon afterward.
- Upon arrival on campus, you will have an interview with an Admissions Counselor and take the Manor College Placement Test.
Please note: As an international student, you will need to submit proof of health insurance coverage. If you are not covered by a personal or family health plan, we will provide information on a health plan for international students. You must also have the appropriate vaccinations and immunizations as listed in the student medical form.