Types of Admissions - Transfer to Manor

For high school graduates with college credits

Students decide to transfer to Manor College from community colleges as well as public and private universities for many reasons. Some students are seeking smaller class sizes, more individual attention from faculty and staff, and a tight-knit campus community. Some are dissatisfied with their original choice of college and others are returning to college after some time away. Sometimes, students are simply looking for an opportunity to start fresh or maybe even begin a career change. Regardless of your reasons for transferring, we understand that transfer students have specific needs and questions. We can offer transfer students a smooth transition to Manor College and encourage you to reach out to Manor College Admissions if you have any questions or concerns throughout the application process.

Transfer Application Checklist

We must receive all of the materials outlined below from prospective transfer students in order for an application to be completed.

  1. Submit your online application for admission through the Manor College website, www.manor.edu/applynow. There is no application fee!
  2. If you have not yet completed 24 college credits, request that your final, official high school transcript be sent to Manor College Admissions. High school transcripts can typically be requested through the respective high school guidance office. If you have over 24 college credits, high school transcripts are not required unless specifically requested.
  3. If you have not yet completed 24 college credits and/or are under the age of 21, submit official test scores (i.e. ACT and/or SAT) to Manor College Admissions.
    *All Veterinary Technology applicants ages 25 and under must submit official test scores
  4. Request that your official transcripts from any post-secondary college or university attended be sent to Manor College Admissions. These transcripts can typically be requested through the respective institutions registrar’s office.
  5. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Any questions regarding the FAFSA can be directed to Manor’s Financial Aid Office at (215) 884-6051.

All application materials should be submitted to Manor College Admissions:

Manor College Admissions
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046

Admissions Requirements

Manor College Admissions carefully considers transfer applicants on the basis of their academic credentials and supporting admissions materials. Typically, Manor prefers a “C” (2.0/70) or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA) for both college and high school course work; however, please keep in mind that some programs will require a higher GPA and/or additional admissions requirements. Applicants are encouraged to contact Manor College Admissions at (215) 884-2216 with any questions regarding the transfer admissions process and requirements.

Admissions Requirements by Program

Transfer Credit Evaluation

After a student has been accepted to Manor College, we will perform a transfer-credit evaluation of any college-level course work completed at previous institutions. Typically, in order for a course to be accepted in transfer, it must meet the following criteria:

  • The course was passed with a “C” (2.0) or higher
  • The course is comparable to those offered in the student’s selected program of study at Manor
  • All official, post-secondary transcripts have been submitted to Manor College Admissions

These courses will be evaluated on an individual basis. If courses are accepted for transfer, only the credit is transferred and grades for these courses are not calculated into the cumulative GPA at Manor. Manor can accept a maximum of 30 credits towards a degree program and 9 credits towards a certificate program provided that these courses are applicable to the selected program of study at Manor. Additionally, Manor can also evaluate the following non-credit assessments for potential transfer credit: AP, CLEP, Challenge Examination, ACE and Dante’s tests.


(for students re-entering the college who have previously been Manor students)

For students that have attended Manor and not graduated:

Please contact the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at extension 223

Please submit any additional official college transcripts since you left Manor.

For students that have graduated and are entering a new program of study at Manor:

Please complete a new online admissions application for the semester you wish to enter.

Please submit any additional official college transcripts since you left Manor.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us at extension 479 or email admissions@manor.edu.