From the Dean of Academic Affairs
All degree majors complete a core curriculum of intellectual disciplines that help you to become a well-rounded, educated individual. The connectedness between these disciplines will become apparent, along with their relevance to your career, further educational pursuits, and life ahead.
You will find great flexibility in how and where you complete your studies, with face-to-face classes, online study, a hybrid approach, Web-assisted learning, and weekend courses. Selected programs for adult learners are offered in evening, hybrid, and accelerated weekend formats to make degree completion easier for those who juggle work and home responsibilities.
Our programs are taught by faculty who are committed to your academic growth and success, and you learn in a small, nurturing environment that offers tremendous opportunities to spread your wings. You can also find excellent resources and support for your studies from the following:
- The Basileiad Library: online full text journals, ebooks, specialized databases, citation generators, LibGuides
- An onsite Law Library and the online WestLaw library
- Ukrainian Heritage Studies Center
- The Learning Center
- The Civil War Institute
- Dental Health Center for EFDA and Dental Hygiene clinical rotations
- Business Lab, with the latest technology
- Academic Honor Societies
The breadth and depth of our offerings belie the small size of Manor College. We have small classes, with none larger than 30 students. We boast a small faculty-student ratio, which averages 1:13. By program, our chemistry lab has a faculty-student ratio of 1: 16; biology, anatomy, and physiology 1: 24 plus a lab assistant; Veterinary Technology radiology 1: 6, with VT labs 1:6-8. Dental Hygiene and EFDA clinical have one dentist and one clinical instructor for five students.
Our Academic advisor-to-student rate is 1:20, which is exceptionally low for personalized advising
- Ranked #1 in student interaction with faculty (in 2007, 2010, 2011)
- Ranked #1 for faculty availability outside class (2008,2009)
- Four-year average (2008-2011): 98% “very satisfied” with their undergraduate education at Manor
We hope you will take the time to get to know us better. Learn with us and you’ll find yourself prepared to succeed.
Dean of Academic Affairs