Prepared to plan your future
The courses you take today can set you on the path toward a professional career, either directly after graduation or after further study at a four-year institution. Knowing which courses to take and all the options available to you can be daunting. That’s why we’re here. To help you make the best choices to suit your interests.
We can help you set realistic goals and plan the steps needed to reach them.
Every student is assigned a faculty advisor within their program, and the advisor-to-student ratio is a low 1:20. This means you’ll receive individualized attention; you won’t get lost in the crowd.
Here’s what you can expect from your faculty advisor:
- Discussion of your educational goals and career plans to develop an academic plan and potential timeline.
- Assistance with selection and scheduling of classes for registration.
- Assistance during registration in case of changes in course availability.
- Discussion of any “academic alerts” and suggested ways to resolve any academic, attendance, or behavior issues.
- Explanations of academic procedures and policies.
- Recommendations for college support services, as needed.
- Regular office hours.